MAN ADVICE

I dont know what they have done, but she speaks negatively about them whenever they come up. We've been officially together since September, but were talking for a long time before that. She told me shes afraid to get attached and shes basically forcing herself not to. Im patient and have no problem being patient, I just dont want her to force herself not to so that when she feels like she is, she winds up breaking up with me because shes scared. 

she has to be afraid of getting hurt or being too dependent. it sucks that she's forcing herself not to get more attached, but hopefully she'll come around with more time. just let her know that you have no problem with how long it takes so she doesn't feel any pressure

Been thinking a lot about my ex that I broke up with last month.  I have really serious commitment issues, so any time it ever gets slightly serious at all, I tend to get the fuck out of dodge.  It hit me last night that I probably really really cared for her, but did what I always tend to do- sabotage anything and everything, making things up in my head as to why it should end.  I was never vocal enough about how I thought things were moving a little too fast and now I feel like a dick.  I texted her this morning asking if she'd want to talk about things and she said yes and that she still had feelings for me.  So I think I'm gonna finally going to man the fuck up and face my fear.  Sorry, long rant.  Props to those who made it through the entire thing.  TLNR. 

Been thinking a lot about my ex that I broke up with last month.  I have really serious commitment issues, so any time it ever gets slightly serious at all, I tend to get the fuck out of dodge.  It hit me last night that I probably really really cared for her, but did what I always tend to do- sabotage anything and everything, making things up in my head as to why it should end.  I was never vocal enough about how I thought things were moving a little too fast and now I feel like a dick.  I texted her this morning asking if she'd want to talk about things and she said yes and that she still had feelings for me.  So I think I'm gonna finally going to man the fuck up and face my fear.  Sorry, long rant.  Props to those who made it through the entire thing.  TLNR. 

no risk, no reward, my friend. good luck!!

I just don't know how/if/when I should bring up getting back together. she said to give her time like 3 weeks ago

See how getting food goes. If she wants to see you, that can be a good thing. I wouldn't ask her to get back together right away though. Wait a few "dates" and she how she feels. The ball is in her court now, which sucks but can be nice too.

I told my wife that I love her after 2 months of dating. She replied, "Thank you?" After that I hung there and waited. She knew how I felt and let me know when she was ready. It was embarrassing at first, but was nice in the long run. I put my feelings out there first, so it was up to her to her to advance the relationship.  

i don't understand the whole butthurt about "i love you!" & "...thank you"

it's a lot to tell someone you love them. but it's equally as much to expect them to feel the same. i wouldn't want someone saying it back if they didn't mean it.

i'm with you ^.. it's nothing i've faced, but if it did happen, i can just imagine saying "well you know how i feel", and then leaving those words alone until the time was right for her.

I feel like the word "Love" gets over used. Not to mention it can be blown out of proportion so easily. It puts the person receiving it in an awkward situation as well as the person saying it. I know people who have said they loved someone in the first month of dating. It just seems crazy to me that it can happen that fast but everyone is different.

so last night with the ex went well, and today we had dinner and now we're at a mall. things still feel kind of weird with the whole situation though.

I really want to just ask her how she feels so I'm not stuck wasting my time like this. a rejection now would hurt, but not nearly as much as if I were to keep this hanging out thing up for another week or two

my gf and i told each other we loved each other after three months or so, that was six years ago and this time next year we'll be married

Awesome man good on you to. I use to misread the situation when I was younger. I would think I was in love but I was just infatuated. As I got older I learned to identify feelings differently I guess.

so last night with the ex went well, and today we had dinner and now we're at a mall. things still feel kind of weird with the whole situation though.

I really want to just ask her how she feels so I'm not stuck wasting my time like this. a rejection now would hurt, but not nearly as much as if I were to keep this hanging out thing up for another week or two

If you want to ask her, then you should ask her.  There is no use in wasting your time only to get more hurt in the future.