MAN ADVICE

I've been lurking this thread since it started, but my pathetic love life has left me with nothing to contribute. I thought I was stuck in a friend zone with the most awesome girl I've ever known, until a few weeks ago when it turned into more. That was awesome, we've gone on some great dates and got to do some fun holiday themed dates too. Also, she's 20 and I'm 28. I don't understand why she want's to spend any time with me, but It's awesome. Unfortunately, we're obviously at different places in our lives in terms of what we want out of this and she also lives and goes to school in Chicago, which isn't too far from Cincinnati, but isn't very interested in trying to make a long distance relationship work. Pretty bummed about that, but I guess I'll make the most of it while I can.

I've been lurking this thread since it started, but my pathetic love life has left me with nothing to contribute. I thought I was stuck in a friend zone with the most awesome girl I've ever known, until a few weeks ago when it turned into more. That was awesome, we've gone on some great dates and got to do some fun holiday themed dates too. Also, she's 20 and I'm 28. I don't understand why she want's to spend any time with me, but It's awesome. Unfortunately, we're obviously at different places in our lives in terms of what we want out of this and she also lives and goes to school in Chicago, which isn't too far from Cincinnati, but isn't very interested in trying to make a long distance relationship work. Pretty bummed about that, but I guess I'll make the most of it while I can.

Because you're fucking awesome and she's lucky to have you. Confidence man.

Because you're fucking awesome and she's lucky to have you. Confidence man.

That's totally true, but I haven't dated anyone in 4 years or so, so my confidence in this isn't too high right now. That's not the case when we're hanging out, I've never felt so comfortable around anyone else before. You know when people get married and they are all like "oh, this person is my best friend, blah blah blah" I never really bough into that before and just thought it was something people said, but I totally get it now, gives me some hope for the future. This girl is a total babe, and we met at a game of wiffle ball.

That's totally true, but I haven't dated anyone in 4 years or so, so my confidence in this isn't too high right now. That's not the case when we're hanging out, I've never felt so comfortable around anyone else before. You know when people get married and they are all like "oh, this person is my best friend, blah blah blah" I never really bough into that before and just thought it was something people said, but I totally get it now, gives me some hope for the future. This girl is a total babe, and we met at a game of wiffle ball.

She's clearly a keeper, good luck man! You got this

went out with the same girl tonight. we were supposed to catch some gallery openings on friday, and junk got in the way, so we wanted to make up for it tonight. except everything was closed by the time we got there.

we ended up just having a couple drinks again, and having conversation. basically, we've addressed the fact that most of the talking has been about me. and we can't seem to escape it. we try steering it towards her, and nothing really comes of it.

and i'm not sure if it's a bad thing. because whatever the conversation, it's enjoyable. she seems engaged, and i enjoy talking to/with her.

still haven't made a move of any sort. tonight could have been a good time for it, but we got back to my house, and i walked her to her car which was right in front of my living room window where my dad was.. which is just awkward i guess.

i hate to say it, but i think one of the things holding me back from really finding out who she is and what she's about is the fact that she so recently left a guy that she was living with. it doesn't bother me at all, but it's still kind of the elephant in the room. and i even said earlier in this chat that this early on with seeing someone, there should be NO obligation to reveal that kind of information.

i hate to say it, but i think one of the things holding me back from really finding out who she is and what she's about is the fact that she so recently left a guy that she was living with. it doesn't bother me at all, but it's still kind of the elephant in the room. and i even said earlier in this chat that this early on with seeing someone, there should be NO obligation to reveal that kind of information.

that would hold me back too; I'd probably even be a little bothered by it...but that's the kind of thing that you'll get past the more you hang out. at least that's how it works with me. it sounds like you've got a good thing going right now

things with my ex are still pretty foggy. or maybe it's clear and I'm in denial. she still doesn't seem all that into hanging out with me, even though we watched the dexter finale on sunday and got food today. I'm just gonna see what happens with it. I started talking to two other girls this week so hopefully one of those goes somewhere. one of the girls I had a thing for back in high school, but she's always been really difficult to hang out with. at any rate, it's nice to be talking to girls that want to talk to me.

and does anyone else think it's weird when a guest reads this thread? there's one reading right now. major creepfest

we met up again tonight. she works with my sisters best friend who turned 21 today.. so we were out for that.

we were also asked twice if i was her boyfriend. it's a good sign if people are assuming that, right?

I have recently gotten involved with this girl with no strings attached who I met at school. We are keeping it strictly "Friends with Benefits" This started a few weeks ago generally we text everyday on and off. I want to keep this strictly non commitment but when she text me sometimes she will says "just got home I was out with this kid" My question is even though we are in a non committal relationship should I be getting suspicious or worried about her hanging out with other guys? I have never liked sharing and if I'm not the only one with this girl it's a real turn off for me. Any advice on what I should do?

You shouldn't be suspicious. You're just in a physical relationship. You can tell her how you feel, but you shouldn't be upset if she still wants to be with other dudes. She doesn't owe you anything other then "benefits."

I have recently gotten involved with this girl with no strings attached who I met at school. We are keeping it strictly "Friends with Benefits" This started a few weeks ago generally we text everyday on and off. I want to keep this strictly non commitment but when she text me sometimes she will says "just got home I was out with this kid" My question is even though we are in a non committal relationship should I be getting suspicious or worried about her hanging out with other guys? I have never liked sharing and if I'm not the only one with this girl it's a real turn off for me. Any advice on what I should do?

sharing is weird, and I don't like it, but I agree with what Rad said. texting each other on and off every day is probably a bad idea if you want to keep it physical and emotionless. the less into her life you see, the better

sharing is weird, and I don't like it, but I agree with what Rad said. texting each other on and off every day is probably a bad idea if you want to keep it physical and emotionless. the less into her life you see, the better

I'm not a fan of sharing at all, if I do find out she is also seeing someone else on the side I would stop seeing her. The texting isn't a big deal she sends me pics of herself once and a while and we generally find out each others plans for the day to see if we can hang out.

I have recently gotten involved with this girl with no strings attached who I met at school. We are keeping it strictly "Friends with Benefits" This started a few weeks ago generally we text everyday on and off. I want to keep this strictly non commitment but when she text me sometimes she will says "just got home I was out with this kid" My question is even though we are in a non committal relationship should I be getting suspicious or worried about her hanging out with other guys? I have never liked sharing and if I'm not the only one with this girl it's a real turn off for me. Any advice on what I should do?

Get out now. Things will get worse for u.

I broke up with a girl over milkshakes once. I didn't answer my phone for two weeks, and she went through different phases: worried, pissed, sad, more pissed, hysterically sad.

So I finally answered my phone and told her to meet me at Steak n Shake, where I told her I didn't want to date her anymore.

I used to be a dick.