MAN ADVICE

i have a couple interviews coming up.. and i don't plan on shaving for them.

i think shaving a beard, and the stigma that one should, is fucking ridiculous.

why are goatees (which are terrible on everyone) 100% okay everywhere, yet a full beard is scoffed at by anyone in a position of authority?

Shave

Pube beards are the best though...

When I was interviewing, I cut my hair and shaved the beard. Once I accepted my job offer, that was the end of that.

that's the thing though- there's nothing unprofessional about my beard. it's full, well-groomed, and i keep my neck clean. 

i was also told many years ago by a professor, that if i'm to get a position teaching, that bearding up in my younger years is absolutely the best thing to do.

that's the thing though- there's nothing unprofessional about my beard. it's full, well-groomed, and i keep my neck clean. 

i was also told many years ago by a professor, that if i'm to get a position teaching, that bearding up in my younger years is absolutely the best thing to do.

Boom! That's the ticket...i wish more dudes understood this part of beard maintenance.

Should I shave my beard guys? Its been 7 months and while it looks pretty decent, it is getting to be itchy as all hell in the summer. I wanted to make a year of it, but this humidity/heat is making it a bitch.

Also, Steph, glad to see that she is able to come out for two weeks. Hopefully it will be a full two weeks and her grandmother will be alright during it and the trip can really invigorate your relationship.

i'm probably late to the party but i say shave it. it's not like it won't grow back hehee

and also i love your avatar. are you watching this season?

I don't do the beard maintenance thing...too much work. I spend most of my time in a cleanroom wearing a bunny suit, so maybe that's why no one cares around here. *shrugs shoulders*

In the end, everyone does their own thing and that's fine by me.

In my expetience, if you hang a ball out of the trousers they won't comment on the beard.

Back in high school, a friend of mine's dad was sitting on his stoop while we had a conversation and mid-sentence one of his balls fell out of the bottom of his shorts; he held his composure while I was scarred for life. 

I got hired with this beard so it wasnt a hinderence at all, and I keep it well groomed, it just itches as holy hell in the heat and humidity. I havent shaved it yet, but Im trying to get through this summer without an impulsive move.

Also Steph, I havent seen the third season, I dont have cable so I am waiting for it to hit netflix, but I knocked out the first two seasons in a week. Pretty excited to see what is happening with a new case in the third season.

i havent watched an episode... but from my understanding, the first season was great. the second was awful. and this one is knee-deep in awesomesauce again.

I got hired with this beard so it wasnt a hinderence at all, and I keep it well groomed, it just itches as holy hell in the heat and humidity. I havent shaved it yet, but Im trying to get through this summer without an impulsive move.

Also Steph, I havent seen the third season, I dont have cable so I am waiting for it to hit netflix, but I knocked out the first two seasons in a week. Pretty excited to see what is happening with a new case in the third season.

sent you a PM

aside from one or two "why the hell would you do THAT?" moments it's been pretty awesome. peter sarsgaard is just great.

i havent watched an episode... but from my understanding, the first season was great. the second was awful. and this one is knee-deep in awesomesauce again.

i marathoned it, so the second season didn't bother me at all.

and it took me until this last week to figure out that the dude playing Dale is Krycek from x-files.

How will it rip off Twin Peaks this time?

quiet you! :P

Ok. So I'm new and not really sure how this works, but I kinda need a non-biased view on this .

I kinda dig this guy and I think he semi-digs me. Now I know he's legitly busy all the time cause he's super social with a ton of people, but we've never hung out apart from the time I've met him. And I don't want to be pushy with asking him too (annoying/weird) cause I've mentioned it a couple of times when we've messaged each other, I asked to grab food and told him to let me know when he's free 2 days ago and haven't heard anything from him since. So should I just kinda give up with any possibility of this thing at all, or am I really fucking stupid and over-thinking all of this. The only thing that kinda has me wondering is the fact that a big chunk of his friends may not be as chill with him being bi (small town value type bs). But I know from another good friend of his that he could see himself with a guy, so with me being kinda out would that maybe affect him wanting to even just chill?

Ok. So I'm new and not really sure how this works, but I kinda need a non-biased view on this .

I kinda dig this guy and I think he semi-digs me. Now I know he's legitly busy all the time cause he's super social with a ton of people, but we've never hung out apart from the time I've met him. And I don't want to be pushy with asking him too (annoying/weird) cause I've mentioned it a couple of times when we've messaged each other, I asked to grab food and told him to let me know when he's free 2 days ago and haven't heard anything from him since. So should I just kinda give up with any possibility of this thing at all, or am I really fucking stupid and over-thinking all of this. The only thing that kinda has me wondering is the fact that a big chunk of his friends may not be as chill with him being bi (small town value type bs). But I know from another good friend of his that he could see himself with a guy, so with me being kinda out would that maybe affect him wanting to even just chill?

HEY, THIS THREAD IS FOR ME TO BITCH ABOUT HOW EVERY OTHER NEW SHOW ON TV IS RIPPING OFF TWIN PEAKS

But yeah, I guess your problem is what this thread is "technically" for. I'm sure someone with experience in a similar situation will be more than happy to offer advice.

over thinking =/= stupid. it just equals being human. and the waiting to hear back always sucks...could you get any more info out of his good friend? like maybe he really is just that busy. or perhaps the small town thing is spot on and he's a little nervous...any chance for another mutual hangout with friends?

also, watch Twin Peaks, it's awesome and bonus, David Duchovny is in drag

over thinking =/= stupid. it just equals being human. and the waiting to hear back always sucks...could you get any more info out of his good friend? like maybe he really is just that busy. or perhaps the small town thing is spot on and he's a little nervous...any chance for another mutual hangout with friends?

also, watch Twin Peaks, it's awesome and bonus, David Duchovny is in drag

Drag may be reason enough for me to look into it.

Unfortunately I really didn't, just so I wasn't as obvious about wanting to know I had a friend mention it while I hung out with his friend. All he said was he's asked him randomly before and he said he could see himself with a guy, he's super into sports which is where I think more of the small town thing comes into play with some of his friends and such. I don't really know about mutually hanging out again either since very few of our good friends overlap.

IM SORRY. I WISH I WAS BORN EARLIER SO I COULD UNDERSTAND ANY REFERENCES. I NEVER MEANT TO DISTURB 90's NOSTALGIA.

Twin Peaks is timeless.

Drag may be reason enough for me to look into it.

Unfortunately I really didn't, just so I wasn't as obvious about wanting to know I had a friend mention it while I hung out with his friend. All he said was he's asked him randomly before and he said he could see himself with a guy, he's super into sports which is where I think more of the small town thing comes into play with some of his friends and such. I don't really know about mutually hanging out again either since very few of our good friends overlap.

If a guy wants to see you, he'll make time for you. I'm sure he can find an hour for lunch somewhere in his schedule right ?

If a guy wants to see you, he'll make time for you. I'm sure he can find an hour for lunch somewhere in his schedule right ?

That's what I wanna think too, but I didn't want to over analyze everything and just think that straight up. I've only really known him for about 3 weeks now, so I didn't want it to be me rushing something and forcing it if that makes sense.

Im of the opinion of just being straight up and take away all the bullshit games. Just tell him you kinda like him and wanna hang out and see if anything develops. If he says no then you dont waste your time wondering for anothere two months or whatever trying to figure it out, and if he says yes then its all good. There is too much bullshit in dating/seeing people that doesnt need to be there, just be honest and have fun in life.