Do you guys think we'll see an ipad mini next month?

I do my family's bills. My mother, brother, sister and I each have a smart phone. Whatever the plan details are, we paid $267.87 last month ($236.02 pre-taxes). My brother uses his phone as a computer since he doesn't have a computer. Last month he used 3gb, I used just over 1, my mom .5gb, and my sister went from a blackberry to an iphone so hers will go up, but she was at .2gb, and so far she's used .7gb this month.

Going by my last post, it's $160 for the four of us before we even start using our data. Going by our last month data usage, we'd go with at least 6gb for $80. That's $240... We lose out about $4 on this plan, but would save on the phones I guess. Actually - my sister just told me when she bought her iphone they placed her in a capped usage plan, so she's paying (not literally, but charging us) for 2gb already. My bill might be pushing $300 this month.

Verizon is expensive, I know, but it really is the best service around. At&T is close, but I've never, ever in 10 years of having a cell phone had a dropped call. Every now and then the VZW data is slow but only for a few minutes. If I were to leave VZW, I'd go to AT&T, but I really don't feel like there's a lot of benefit of switching.

thing is, my bill is currently $89 a month for unlimited data, 450 minutes, 500 txt.

if I change my plan to this, it will be $100 for 2 gb on my smartphone, since I use between 1 - 2 gb... adding my wife would be an additional $40, and then depending on datause, it could be up to $150 for the two of us with 4 gb of data? is that correct?

$80 for two devices plus $70 for 2gb, so yea $150. The plan destroys people on the lower-usage end.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/verizon-share-everything-plans-examined/

Who this plan is good for, and who will pay more:

• GOOD FOR – 1 person with a flip phone and minimum minutes/texts
  • BAD FOR – 1 person with a smartphone and minimum minutes/texts
  • GOOD FOR – 1 person with a smartphone and unlimited minutes/texts
  • GOOD FOR – 2 person family with smartphones, limited minutes/texts
  • BAD FOR – 4 person family with 2 smartphones and 2 flip phones
  • BAD FOR - 5 person family with flip phones, limited minutes/texts
  • GOOD FOR - 5 person family with smartphones, limited minutes/texts
  • GOOD FOR - 5 person family with smartphones, unlimited minutes/texts

Verizon is expensive, I know, but it really is the best service around. At&T is close, but I've never, ever in 10 years of having a cell phone had a dropped call. Every now and then the VZW data is slow but only for a few minutes. If I were to leave VZW, I'd go to AT&T, but I really don't feel like there's a lot of benefit of switching.

ive been on the same at&t plan since 2000 when it was cingular. ive had exactly one dropped call.

I just switched over to the share everything plan from unlimited data + text and 450 minutes, plus added an iPad to the plan. My bill went from 89 to just over 100. Not too bad considering I made the jump to unlimited minutes and added another device for an extra ~15. Next months bill will be the first to relect the change. I get a Disney discount on my plan though, roughly 30%. Very nice perk.

I just switched over to the share everything plan from unlimited data + text and 450 minutes, plus added an iPad to the plan. My bill went from 89 to just over 100. Not too bad considering I made the jump to unlimited minutes and added another device for an extra ~15. Next months bill will be the first to relect the change. I get a Disney discount on my plan though, roughly 30%. Very nice perk.

Yea I'm flipping to Verizon when my contract w/ ATT expires. Get 22% off my plan from being a bank employee :] Also putting it on my Mom's plan to save some scrilla in College. So my $83 goes to < $30 :D

If I log onto My Verizon online, it tells me I get a 19% discount for being a public employee, but they tell me in the store that I actually can't. Bullshit!

Applied to your bill or to products? I get a railroad employee discount on my bill since our locomotives move their products, but to apply it I had to do it online. I can't remember exactly how though, but it was a year or so after I had a plan. If you snoop around I'm sure you can find the option.

On another note, I've come to the conclusion that I will buy an iPad Mini only if it costs $250 or lower. If it's $300 I'm going to get a Nexus 7 and call it a day. I don't imagine the Windows Surface tablet will have much app support and since it's not a laptop, the flip-out keyboard case will only come in handy for inputting text. Also $200 for this seems a little far-fetched. Microsoft has never been a "Take a loss to get the hardware out, make money on apps/media" type of company. Xbox Live Gold isn't even free.

If I were an invested iPhone user I would be upset that Apple is getting rid of their 30-pin connector. I'm sure many people have bought cradles, docks, accessories that are built for that and although an adapter could help I don't imagine their third party products were developed with that in mind.

I dunno, this is what it says, and I don't know how to do anything about it since there's no link through the notification:

As an employee of COUNTY OF ERIE, you're eligible for a monthly access discount up to 19%.

My wife gets a discount for being an NYC employee. It applies to your phone service and nothing else. It does not apply to Data Packages. We put a family plan in her name and I think we get 17% off. Go to a store and ask for a manager.

The problem w/ the Apple Sheeple is Apple has the tech to make HUGE leaps in each generation of product, yet they knowingly only add one small insignificant upgrade, Few MP extra in the camera, Siri, small software updates ect. Id bet they have the next 20 Iphones planned and the tech avail already. They are just going to keep milking the teet of dumbasses

I wouldn't consider myself a sheep, I just happen to prefer Apple products over the competition. Like that of a person who may choose Fender over Gibson. At no point in time do I feel obligated to name call those who choose an Android operated phone/computer/etc.