Saves the Day- Through Being Cool $10 raffle

anchorclose

my question is why you stopped at 10 entries. you could have gotten a shit ton of people to participate in this.

If I knew the response was going to be anything like it was I probably wouldn't have stopped it at 10 entries...I honestly didn't expect it to go over as well as it did. At $100 I already raised more money than it would have sold for on Ebay (and that's prior to paying the fees), so I feel ok about it. Plus I wanted to keep the chance to win at a decent percentage for those who participated.

I'll probably do another raffle in the next few days. I've got a few records in mind, specifically Kevin Devine's "Put Your Ghost To Rest"...but that one will be more difficult to let go of; so we'll see.

i think its awesome that you did this for charity.. but i also think this is just an awesome concept in the first place.

would i be a terrible person if i raffled off a couple devil & gods for my own benefit? i mean, yeah id probably rake in more than i would selling it straight up, but youre telling me i wouldnt get a buch of bites at the chance to win it for $5 or $10?

Honestly Ry, I don't think that idea would go over too well. Considering when people lose $5-10 here, they know their money is going to a charity, not a bank account. That's merely my opinion, and though the text seems bleak I assure you it wasn't meant negatively toward you whatsoever.

hey i totally understand. and thats kind of why i threw it out there rather than immediately posting a thread and going through with it. but id still like to get some more feedback.

this is a pretty fucking rad idea. i might have to do this for my girls next cystic fibrosis walk. last time we walked i made all purchases from my sale thread go to the cause and ended up making around 70 bucks.

i really like the idea of people getting a pretty rare record for a decent price.

also you know the name of the color of your walls. my bathroom is fucking neon green and i wanna dull it down a bit.

this is a pretty fucking rad idea. i might have to do this for my girls next cystic fibrosis walk. last time we walked i made all purchases from my sale thread go to the cause and ended up making around 70 bucks.

i really like the idea of people getting a pretty rare record for a decent price.

also you know the name of the color of your walls. my bathroom is fucking neon green and i wanna dull it down a bit.

Seems like people dig the idea, so you should try it.

I'll check to see when I get home from work to see if we still have the swatch for that color laying around. Thanks!