Enslaved - Eld Re-Issue

tco

Enslaved is the Opeth of Norway, their catalogue is super consistent and each album is almost entirely different than the last (the new one and Axioma Ethica Odini are the most similar though), cant recommend them enough - even their first black metal period albums are great.

... and all their albums are released on vinyl, I have almost all of them. The only record which has sound problems is Axioma Ethica Odini, which is just too compressed.

Which reminds me. Does anyone have the original pressing of Frost? The reissue cover seems pixelated - is the original the same way? Osmose usually has the highest quality reissues, its kind of hard to believe they would resize the CD cover.

Hmmm, be interesting to see what the Eld cover is like when it arrives. Just by chance i have a copy of the re-issued Frost on the way too, how's the sound quality on the reissue, out of interest? Like you say Osmose is usually pretty good quality.

Eld reissue cover quality is supposedly great (read it from another forum).

I have Below The Lights reissue and it sounds and looks also great. I cannot comment on the Frost reissue, because I have the reissue cover with the original record.

Ruun which was released under Back on Black sounds also surprisingly good, though most of this pressing was warped for some reason (the records also had this weird residue). I have had three copies of this - all ordered from different places (europe vs USA)

RIITIIR seems like it even has a different master, but Im not sure - it definitely sounded clearer and more punchier when I switched between the mp3 and the record the other day.

How are you dudes diggin' RIITIIR? Definitely picked up where AEO left off. Lovin' it

They had their release party at the shop/bar I work at. They helped out with bartending and hosted a quiz (name that Enslaved riff, which member has.. kinda questions). Super kind and humble dudes. Grutle is a bouncer accross the street which took me by suprise =)

RIITIIR is amazing, easily the best extreme metal album this year.

btw, its kind of weird to see that usually Enslaved threads have 100 views at this forum, yet totally overrated stuff like Sleep (Dopesmoker) has 10 000 views.

In ten years time people are paying five times more for the RIITIIR first press than the Sleep one - people will catch up, eventually, mark my words :)

RIITIIR is amazing, easily the best extreme metal album this year.

btw, its kind of weird to see that usually Enslaved threads have 100 views at this forum, yet totally overrated stuff like Sleep (Dopesmoker) has 10 000 views.

In ten years time people are paying five times more for the RIITIIR first press than the Sleep one - people will catch up, eventually, mark my words :)

RIITIIR sure is kicking my ass at the mo, like you say i don't get all the hype for Dopesmoker either. As for extreme metal album of the year, it's looking that way for me too, but Anaal Nathrakh's Vanitas is also awesome.

Cant' do a comparison on Frost unfortunately. Osmose said the copy they had was damaged so settled on Monumension instead!

I'm just glad to see an Enslaved thread get 10 replies, I started one for RIITIIR and got none :rolleyes:

I got the 2LP white/charcoal splatter in the mail yesterday, haven't spun it yet, haven't listened to anything aside from the Thoughts stream they released. Looking forward to it. Axioma was amazing, so was Vertebrae, really a band that I don't think gets its due.