Jay Reatard - Better Than Something LP/Book/DVD

hickey

• 1 month later...

The thing that is bumming me out is not the delay, these things happen. It's the lack of communication about it. It was supposed to come out in Dec. they pushed it back to Feb. Then a couple weeks after the Feb. date they sent out and e-mail that said "soon". That was the last e-mail about it. It's been almost two months with no word but on an almost weekly basis I am sent e-mails about pre-ordering/ordering other stuff from them. It's just frustrating. I am not going to contact the BBB or anything it just sucks. If this was a Blink reissue or a Brand New record this board would be going nuts.

fuck you, this is the last thing to be released by jay reatard, their friend, and they want to make sure its right.  impatient prick.

Ouch, a little harsh on the guy maybe? Anyway, I don't think this will be the last thing released by Jay, the flogging will continue for years. He did so much work that I am sure there are at least 3 more albums that will be released over the next 10 years.

Their communication has sucked, but I am just being patient. I mean, they will ship it when they have it.

NEW UPDATE 4/10/13:  

Dear Customers and Jay Fans, 

The books for the Limited Edition LP/DVD/Book will arrive in NY tomorrow and go straight to the Vinyl plant for assembly, then once they are assembled they will be shipped to Factory 25 for shipping. They will ship w/in 24 hours once Factory 25 has them in our hands!!! You will have them this month.

Again we are truly sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. 

Factory25

Just watched the documentary. Jay's life was very interesting. He was a true musician at heart, and seemed to have something special. If you are on the borderline of getting this, defiantly do, the film alone opened my eyes to the heart of Memphis, and allowed me to see into Jay's entire life of being a musician.

Where'd you see the documentary?

A buddy of mine somehow obtained it, and allowed me to barrow it. I know he visits Memphis often. Do they have them for sell in the record stores up there? 

Oh and by the way if anyone has large Jay Reatard shirts I would love to have a couple. All the designs are pretty sick.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the red yesterday in Texas (still waiting for the black that I ordered when it appeared the red was sold out). Everything looks really nice - the book, the vinyl, etc... Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, or watch the movie.

I was expecting it to be hardcover like the BYO set that came out a few years ago, but it's no biggie, it still looks really great (I could do without pics of Jay's wang, though).