Black Friday 2012

Ha. I have game mode. I fired it up to try and it worked fine with baseball. I must have just tarded when I was playing around with the settings and overlooked it. Pretty sure I actually called Samsung and they didn't tell me the right thing. Very easy to fix when you know what you are looking for. Thanks, Yan!

I'll back off my original statement a bit -- Anyone who buys a TV over 55" and doesn't get a projector or have a specific reason for not doing so, is foolish. The price / inch REALLY ratchets up quickly between 55" and 80" (I think that's about as big as flat screens go, generally). Could usually get 3 projectors + 80" screens for the price of 1 flat screen 80".

If you're looking for music instrument related stuff, sweetwater had awesome black friday deals last year. I got 5 sets of GHS boomers for like $10 free shipping or something like that. Plus they had an ESP LTD FX 400SM for $200 if I remember correctly. I don't play drums so I didn't really pay attention to the drum section, but they had a good selection. Reguardless, good company with awesome sales!

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05771951000P

Just tried ordering that from Sears.com during there Members Only Black Friday Presale. I've yet to get a pickup confirmation so I don't know if I will have it yet but I hope so. I had my order in 2 minutes after it went live. $97 for a 32" TV is to good to pass up. If I get this though it will force my hand and I'll have to pick up a game system or Roku device to stream with.

The only issue is how to get rid of my monstrosity of a Tube TV. (Insert first world problems gif here)

Nice score. How big is the TV you are dumping? Might make sense just to smash it and take it out in pieces if it is a really bad move. Those things have no value anymore. TVs are so cheap compared to years ago.

What exactly does it take to be a Sears "Member"? Is there a yearly fee? That was the place I was gonna target on Black Friday but seems like most of the stuff can be purchased online now. I want a pool table pretty bad but I think I am gonna wait and get something used but really nice off craigslist even though they have a few. Not something easily upgradeable so I want to aim high. I do plan on getting a gas grill, a heavy bag, a 12 volt battery charger, and a few other things from Sears.

I signed up 5 minutes before hand. No fee, it's just like any other Retail store member card. So just go there now and see if what you want is still available in your area. I think the Members only is through tomorrow at midnight.

My "old" TV isn't crazy huge but it is probably pushing past 200 lbs. I've been trying to contact Recycling places and Thrift stores and they wont take TVs bigger than 32". I'm sure I'll find someone who wants it, or will accept it for recycling.

Signed up (lol at how stupid that is. Give them your name and email and you are a "member").

They have 2 Kenmore grills. One is $250 and one is $200. But the cheaper one has much better reviews. So I don't know. I want something decent but I don't want to pay more for an inferior product. I guess I am just gonna go in there and figure it out.

Well I didn't end up getting the TV. Last night I got a message saying my order processed but due to my local store closing within an hour they will be sending me a confirmation tomorrow. In the morning I got a message from them saying my order was cancelled due to the item being out of stock. Mild disappointment but oh well.

When I got home form work I have an email from them saying there sorry and as an apology they added 100,000 points to my membership card, which is a $100. So to apologize for me not getting a Online Black Friday sale, they gave me $100 to spend at Sears or Kmart. Now I have to decide if I want to try and got to Sears on Black Friday to use my $100 on the $97 TV I tried buying online.

Well I didn't end up getting the TV. Last night I got a message saying my order processed but due to my local store closing within an hour they will be sending me a confirmation tomorrow. In the morning I got a message from them saying my order was cancelled due to the item being out of stock. Mild disappointment but oh well.

When I got home form work I have an email from them saying there sorry and as an apology they added 100,000 points to my membership card, which is a $100. So to apologize for me not getting a Online Black Friday sale, they gave me $100 to spend at Sears or Kmart. Now I have to decide if I want to try and got to Sears on Black Friday to use my $100 on the $97 TV I tried buying online.

Go in on Black Friday. I work at Sears and last I worked on Sunday and management explained that they can only reserve certain # for online orders but will still have some in the store for Doorbusters. So their not really out of stock, they just have to set some aside for people to actually buy on Black Friday.

Go in on Black Friday. I work at Sears and last I worked on Sunday and management explained that they can only reserve certain # for online orders but will still have some in the store for Doorbusters. So their not really out of stock, they just have to set some aside for people to actually buy on Black Friday.

Thanks, for the insight. Thats actually what I figured. I assumed the online sale was going to be something like 1-3 per store, then Black Friday they'll have a handful. I just don't know if I want to go and show up hours early to wait in line.

Yeah, I hear you. Last year it was a total madhouse... This year may be better though cause I feel like the traffic is going to be a bit broken up. Basically, they're going to have 3 "rounds" of doorbusters. First round is opening at 8 P.M, then at Midnight, then at 4 A.M. So that may help break up the craziness.

Sears was a bit chaotic, but nothing overboard. I went there 5 hours early to wait in line to either get the 50" Tv for 300 or the 32" for 100. A half hour before opening then went through and pre-sold some of the items for the doorbusters to those in line earliest which is great. However the big ticket item which was the 50" TV only had 4 in stock, but they said they could order a handful more, so when the doors open "you're going to have to sprint to electronics to have them try and order them". When talking with the people a few behind me they swear the guy told them that if you really want the TV your best bet is to try and push and shove and just play dirty to get back there first.'

Meh, it was 5 hours "wasted" reading a book. Oh the horror. I got my TV and because of the previous issue with trying to order it the TV was free. I still have $7 in Members Reward Points to blow on something if I want too.

I'm buying 3 1600 Microsoft points from target. $10 a piece.

They changed that to a 3-month shortly after the ad first came out, which is really weak since I wanted to get a few.

As for me, didn't go to any stores this year. Nothing I want all that much and don't feel like dealing with the crowds. I did order a few records from Hastings (who I do hate ordering from, but they have a pretty decent sale). I got P.O.S' new album, Lana Del Rey and Lady Gaga's first album.

They changed that to a 3-month shortly after the ad first came out, which is really weak since I wanted to get a few.

As for me, didn't go to any stores this year. Nothing I want all that much and don't feel like dealing with the crowds. I did order a few records from Hastings (who I do hate ordering from, but they have a pretty decent sale). I got P.O.S' new album, Lana Del Rey and Lady Gaga's first album.

I got the 3-1600 ms points for $10 a piece. My wife pulled up the ad that had them at $10 on her phone. Went to another target and they had the $10 sale thing where the points would be.

I also got 17 Bluray's between target, best buy and Walmart for $74. And 6 months of Xbox live for $11. Was home by 2am.