Saves The Day- New Album/Pledge Music/Vinyl Option

Mine is vastly different, surprised to see Cant Slow Down so low on your guys list

Through being cool, can't slow down, stay what you are, daybreak, sound the alarm, under the boards, in reverie for me

I think there is just a big split between fans. Some enjoy their more modern stuff that has unique melodies has a more alternative/indie feel than their older stuff which has is pop punk with good lyrics. I mean I like all of their albums but Can't Slow Down does not stand out at all for me and while Through Being Cool is catchy Chris just got so much better at writing and melodies after it. One thing that stands out a lot in Through Being Cool is the lyrics which Chris never stopped being good at. I just think the band is so much better that they left the pop punk outfit. I like pop punk as a whole but I love when bands move past it.

Edit: That's basically all I gotta say on the topic. I doubt they will ever go back to their older sound though so if someone wanted to get into the band which is what sparked this topic than their more recent stuff is what to expect in the future.

Are you only allowed to keep the money they asked for in the beginning? Say they reach half a mil, they get that too?

I believe part of it goes to charity and the rest goes to the band to help provide additional promotion for the album, touring, and that sorta thing.

[5% of any money raised after the goal is reached will go to Occupy Sandy.]

I almost feel like they made In Reverie at the wrong point in their career. Although I still think its the weakest of their albums, I have come to appreciate a few songs off of it as the years have gone by (Driving in the Dark, In My Waking Life...). Being this their "Major Lablel" release they would have had a ton more fan fare if STA or UTB would have been released instead. Just more catchy songs.

FB Updates for the peeps who missed some pledges:

Wow. We never thought we'd get this far without you. In fact, we knew we wouldn't. Last Friday, we launched a pledgemusic campaign. Tomorrow, Friday at 11am EST we are making more pledges available as well as some new ones. Yes, handwritten lyrics, and some stuff you guys suggested. BEYOND STOKED to make this stuff happen. Let's do this! #AINTNOKINDOFLOVE

So if you don't pledge you can't buy a record? That'd be dumb. Everyone else can pay for their recording and I'll get the LP when its out.

For a lot of people Saves the Day is a special band and they don't mind giving them a couple extra bucks to keep putting out new music.