I was only supposed to work till 8:30pm last night. I stayed until 12:15am and didn't get to bed till 2am.

Shit sucks and I'm paid AWFUL for what I put up with, my body hurts and I feel like I'm rarely recognized for what I do.

The thing is, this is very obviously a temporary job for me and once I have a car, I'll probably try to pick up a second job or a new one all together. If you don't like where you're at and how you're treeated, you have the opportunity to change it. No one is forcing you to stay, just make sure you land something else before you quit.

I'm the queen of leaving jobs because I don't like how I was treated. Don't put up for less than you deserve and don't stay miserable because it's comfortable.

Do something about it.

I don't get evals or raises but I do get yelled at almost everyday for stuff I can't control

I'm actually sitting in my car and not wanting to go to my last stop because the manager will most likely yell at me for something I can't do anything about. I pretty much get treated like a piece of trash everyday. Do I get upset? Of course, but I find a way to not let it take over my whole mood.

Just don't let that stuff get to you, most of us aren't thrilled with our jobs either. You just take the good with the bad and if the bad gets to be too much, then you leave.

I feel your pain. I work for the government and will soon be a school teacher. The constant barrage of blame will forever be on me. I've accepted that. I've actually only ever had 1 job that I enjoyed. I was once a clerk in a convenience store/ truck stop. It was super easy and I rarely ever received unwarranted blame. I truly miss that $9.25 an hour job. I don't miss the pay, but boy do I miss the utter lack of responsibility I was faced with. One time while I was restocking the cooler I got blitzed on 22oz cans of Icehouse. Ugh, to be young again.

You never know, the next job you go for could be absolutley perfect for you.

If you're not happy move on.

It's also so much easier finding a job whilst you're already employed than it is if you're unemployed.

I like that you regularly say 'whilst' but that is the ONLY thing I like about you

I feel your pain. I work for the government and will soon be a school teacher. The constant barrage of blame will forever be on me. I've accepted that. I've actually only ever had 1 job that I enjoyed. I was once a clerk in a convenience store/ truck stop. It was super easy and I rarely ever received unwarranted blame. I truly miss that $9.25 an hour job. I don't miss the pay, but boy do I miss the utter lack of responsibility I was faced with. One time while I was restocking the cooler I got blitzed on 22oz cans of Icehouse. Ugh, to be young again.

I miss the no responsibility jobs :(

I think we use both, but generally I use 'whilst'. Might be a regional thing though.

I swear Tareneh has told me many times that something different is the only thing she likes about me.

She likes everything about you. She's just repressing her feelings of love & astonishment toward you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic