I will say that I have never felt better in my life than when I graduated high school. I still struggle with things, yeah but man...that place is fucking hell. It really isn't comparable, adulthood vs being a teenager. Totally different stresses, worries, goals, etc. 

For once, I'm agreeing with Eric.

Don't do that, I really hate when people say this, I'm not picking on you personally but this needs to be said. High Schools have just as much stress as adults, it's just a different kind of stress! Kids my age have jobs, soical lifes, and are forced into over packed class rooms for 8 hours a day, on top of that some of these kids are AP getting at least 2 hours of home work a night. Teenagers are faced with the challange of becoming themselves while having character striped from them, we have test shoved down our throats made for us to fail, everyone expects you to go to fucking college, fuck college it's so stupid. Fuck the classes high schoolers have to take, fuck pre-cal and AP Stat, please don't ever say, it's worst being an adult because when you're an adult you're allowed to fuck up, and make your own choices, but when you're 17 everyone's judging you and telling you what you should do and how you should do it, and it's stressful and fuck and annoying as hell.

Oh please.

Don't do that, I really hate when people say this, I'm not picking on you personally but this needs to be said. High Schools have just as much stress as adults, it's just a different kind of stress! Kids my age have jobs, soical lifes, and are forced into over packed class rooms for 8 hours a day, on top of that some of these kids are AP getting at least 2 hours of home work a night. Teenagers are faced with the challange of becoming themselves while having character striped from them, we have test shoved down our throats made for us to fail, everyone expects you to go to fucking college, fuck college it's so stupid. Fuck the classes high schoolers have to take, fuck pre-cal and AP Stat, please don't ever say, it's worst being an adult because when you're an adult you're allowed to fuck up, and make your own choices, but when you're 17 everyone's judging you and telling you what you should do and how you should do it, and it's stressful and fuck and annoying as hell.

High School is the easiest point in life ever, if you think adults don't get judged you're gonna be pretty disappointed.

i've always said i wish i could be in high school again... but as a fully-formed 20-something whose hormones aren't off the charts. and alcohol.

I don't know like...I mean, maybe high school was just REALLY hard for me because I was going through a lot at both school and at home. But I do think the feelings of teenagers are dismissed way too easily. A lot of the time kids are yelled at for being 'over dramatic' and they can be, but sometimes something serious is really happening and no one will listen because you're just some silly teenager. 

At least thats how I experienced a lot of high school. No one ever took what I had to say seriously and I was in a lot of pain/trouble.

BUT adults do get judged a lot and we do have repercussions for not giving a fuck/fucking up.

Fuck high school. I would never ever ever in a million years go back.

Guest stl_ben.

I like you Eric, but let's get real for a minute. 

Being a high school graduate myself (I know, I'm great, you should all pat me on the back), I went through high school. You know, as did pretty much…everyone else here.  

High school is the shit, dude. I showed up late to half my classes, slept through my first two class periods each day and as long as I did my work, my teachers couldn't have given a shit if they wanted to. One of my teachers let me skip class to go swimming on hot days, I just had to let him know. I even took AP courses and two languages, so it wasn't as if I just took bullshit classes either.

The key is to just. relax. You get summer off dude. Unless you're a teacher, that never happens again.

Bills suck.

Working sucks.

Paying taxes sucks.

High school is the last time you can really get away with stuff.

BUT adults do get judged a lot and we do have repercussions for not giving a fuck/fucking up.

ie: the way not paying $25 worth of parking tickets can turn into a $350 disaster later.

Eric, there is nothing more that I want you to learn than that you don't know everything and never will.  None of us will.  But the second lesson you need to learn is that education is not empty or "stupid."  You should use your words more precisely and accurately.

While high school does have its challenges in that it tests your motivation, time management, confidence, and social skills, these tests are only more magnified when you live on your own, pay your own way, and have to answer to others based upon your intelligence, character, and work ethic. You have a modicum of the responsibility you will soon be required to shoulder. To use your word earlier, adulthood and the responsibility that comes with it is only more cumbersome. And if you think now is the hardest time in your life, you are either setting yourself up for failing to reach your potential or setting yourself up for a painful disappointment in the way you think your future was supposed to be.

I think you need to read more and try to educate yourself more so to prepare yourself for the future.

See but, you guys all seemed to breeze through high school. I mean, Eric seems to be pretty well off and I don't know his life, so I can't say that he went through anything I did. But my high school experience was absolutely 0 like what you guys have listed. I don't think it's really fair to write him off completely.

I'm sorry but I will always get really passionate about high school and go off about how teenage problems do not deserve to be ignored because they are "not as important" as adult issues. No one does anything. No one cares and that's so damn hard to feel some of the things you do and then have them be considered invalid.

All in all, I don't think adult hood and being a teenager can ever be compared. Being an adult is probably worlds harder but it's harder in such a different way.

Eric, there is nothing more that I want you to learn than that you don't know everything and never will.  None of us will.  But the second lesson you need to learn is that education is not empty or "stupid."  You should use your words more precisely and accurately.

While high school does have its challenges in that it tests your motivation, time management, confidence, and social skills, these tests are only more magnified when you live on your own, pay your own way, and have to answer to others based upon your intelligence, character, and work ethic. You have a modicum of the responsibility you will soon be required to shoulder. To use your word earlier, adulthood and the responsibility that comes with it is only more cumbersome. And if you think now is the hardest time in your life, you are either setting yourself up for failing to reach your potential or setting yourself up for a painful disappointment in the way you think your future was supposed to be.

I think you need to read more and try to educate yourself more so to prepare yourself for the future.

yeah, i took allllll of this for granted. and now i'm just kind of a knows nothing fuck-up.

Eric, there is nothing more that I want you to learn than that you don't know everything and never will. None of us will. But the second lesson you need to learn is that education is not empty or "stupid." You should use your words more precisely and accurately.

^ all that...and a bag of chips!

yeah, i took allllll of this for granted. and now i'm just kind of a knows nothing fuck-up.

This and that. I got a 1350 on my SATs (there was no writing portion when I took them) and didn't go to college because the tough time in my life was already over, being an adult is easy I said. I wish I could go back.

Just a fresh batch of pink lemonade moonshine from my connect. About to watch XMEN totally SRUNK

i went to school to become a paralegal, graduated, and now im 10k in debt and cant find a paralegal job anywhere. i'd do high school over again in a second. if only i had a wealthy dad who owned a hotel chain...

You and me both. I wish I would've paid more attention

Guest stl_ben.

Oh. Yeah, and don't fuck around at college. I did and it almost put me in debt, but I dropped out and made them give me my money back/started over at community college. It has a stigma to it for whatever reason, but it'll save you a ton of money in the end and you can just transfer to a nice college and end up with the same degree as someone who paid twice as much as you.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic