I've stopped texting/talking to people that don't text first ever.  I always get to a point where I'm like "well, if they're never going to reciprocate, I guess they don't like to talk to me" or "I'm probably just a nuisance, I guess I should stop talking to this person now."  It's a shame because the last girl I was sorta into was that way.  We had long conversations and they were fun and she was really cool, but it just got to a point where I was always the first to text.  So I kinda did a "test" and she never communicated with me again.  Oh well.

I've stopped texting/talking to people that don't text first ever.  I always get to a point where I'm like "well, if they're never going to reciprocate, I guess they don't like to talk to me" or "I'm probably just a nuisance, I guess I should stop talking to this person now."  It's a shame because the last girl I was sorta into was that way.  We had long conversations and they were fun and she was really cool, but it just got to a point where I was always the first to text.  So I kinda did a "test" and she never communicated with me again.  Oh well.

Yup, I've done that too. It sucks but some people don't realize how one-sided they make friendships/relationships. I'm not into it. 

(Also, I know everyone is dying to know that he hasn't texted back yet. Fucker.) 

In case anyone cares, I'm running a 4th of July promotion. Buy 4 albums and get free shipping from Canada to anywhere within North America, except Hawaii probably and maybe Alaska, too. Depends if it comes up and how much more expensive it is... BUT I will cover $20 of the shipping to those places, so you'd only have to pay the difference! (If there is any.)

Link to the thread is in my sig.

Thanks for checkin it out, sorry for the shameless self-promotion.

Once when I was 11 I dropped an egg mcmuffin on the ground, and i proceeded to eat it, I then got very sick. You could say it was like the plot of Osmosis Jones expect it didn't star a sassy blue cell voiced by chris rock and it wasn't very funny it was quite serious in fact.

One time when I was about 15 or 16 I did a bunch of drugs and wandered up the road to Dairy Queen... I was STARVING but had no money.

Well I walked in anyway and some little kid had left half their kid's meal at the table. One of those little cardboard trays with a few cold chicken nuggets and cold fries left.

I sat down at the table and pigged out on them while I was goofed out of my mind.

One time when I was about 15 or 16 I did a bunch of drugs and wandered up the road to Dairy Queen... I was STARVING but had no money.

Well I walked in anyway and some little kid had left half their kid's meal at the table. One of those little cardboard trays with a few cold chicken nuggets and cold fries left.

I sat down at the table and pigged out on them while I was goofed out of my mind.

I like you

I get what you're saying about Eco Virtual being a more melodic artist in the Vaporwave community. But Vaporwave was never about melody, and more about breaking traditional song writing and structure, this is why Floral Shoppe is so popular because it does that to the point where it almost sounds like a CD is skipping take the track 花の専門店 for example heavily looped and angry but not to the point where it breaks the melody per-say. Vaporwave is a tricky genre because everyone has their own style Blank Banshee is a great example of more sylistic vaporwave relying heavily on PC type sounds along with playstation sounds pitched so heavy you couldn't even recognize them, but what makes Banshee's vaporwave his own is how it's more instrumental hip-hop influenced than others and very atmospherical, while being less calm than most vaporwave artist. Then you have artist like マクロスMACROSS 82-99 who are more melody remixers taking a melody and using it as a structure but alternating the time signature and cutting the samples, Sailorwave is a great example of this he also side chains and cross fades more than other vaporwave artist. I will admit there is a lot of shit in the Vaporwave community, but I feel like you're mistaking this with more simple vaporwave like  TOYOTAセリカ Summer Breeze is a great example of your more chill out drum and mixed sample type vaporwave, usually only using a drumline.

At the end of the day though Vaporwave is all about your aesthetics 

You said "vaporwave" 11 times.

Also, as someone who kept up with the whole craze religiously from late 2011 until mid-2013 (which, coincidentally, was right about when /mu/ stopped talking about it), and was around when most of the artists you mentioned posted their tracks in those huge vaporwave threads, I stand by my original statement. Trust me, once you listen to enough of it, you realize how monotonous and poorly made almost all of it is. There are exceptions, but they're few and far between.

I really never texted first when I was single, I just didn't care. I was at that point in my life where I didn't even want to look at my phone because there was too much stuff going on with the men in my life. I think there was something to that logic because later bigbruise would tell me he'd be wondering what the hell I was doing when I didn't at respond all day. I feel like our generation, everyone is on their cell phone 24/7, and I try my best to not be like that.

I mentioned dropping close to $900 on my car over the last two months. Well, that was tire/brake related. Never even had a hint of any other problems.

So I'm driving home from work, all my dash lights go out, the speedometer zeros out, my turn signals dont work, and it's almost impossible to accelerate. I pull into the first parking lot I can (it's dark and empty of course) to be like "WHAT THE FUCK?!" Now my car wont start, I'm out of cigarettes, and the gas station across the street closed AS I WAS WALKING UP TO THE DOOR.

My girlfriend is coming to either jump my car or take me home.

Double bonus: I have weed on me for the first time in over two years. Picked up a bag for my girlfriend from a coworker. So I have that added anxiety and I can't even smoke any of it when this is all over.

Happy birthday, America!

work has been insanely crazy the past couple of weeks and i havent stepped in here for a bit.  but this is my favorite holiday and i had to wish my fellow 'mericans a happy july 4th! 

I'm currently swaying in my hammock on my balcony listening to the downtown cheer with firework snaps. and some good bud.  tis a good life sometimes.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic