Haha, that reminds me of a story I wanted to tell the small-talkers!

I got back to work today from my vacation, and my co-workers showed me a memorial folder from a funeral that we had and the person's name was in there as:

Firstname "Mothafuckin" Lastname, because that's what the family wanted. Let your family know how you want to be known in your memorial folders! Because... THAT. IS. EPIC!

You should say you want to be remembered as Muad'Dib ... 

... pain fear is the mind killer.

Sorry all I can think of is classic David Lynch 'Dune' when I see that sig/banner.

*edit* - I corrected my mistake like a good student. I'm still gunning for that golden sticker.

Sometimes, when I see people who've been on VC since the beginning talking about how awesome the community was initially, it makes me wish I'd gotten into vinyl earlier, just so I could have seen VC's "golden days" or whatever.

I registered back in 07 and then posted like once. I was an important dude with places to be back then.

I didn't sleep last night cause I'm trying to adjust my schedule so I can be awake when the delivery guy comes. I'm expecting a record.

I feel sooooo dumb - I laid in bed for like an hour and a half but just listened to music and then got up and showered.

I am going to be utterly useless today... there's no way I can do anything physically or mentally strenuous in the state I'm in right now.

I can't even quote Dune right FFS, I'm a miserable failure. - Nice catch though, your Dune knowledge is clearly legit... I feel like an asshole/dum-dum for misquoting, but my brain is pretty spun right now, and I usually have 100 things on my mind at once so I can see why it happened.

Watch my record not even come today and then I'll pass out around a normal person's dinner time and then I'll be on an even more messed up schedule.

Wow edit for spelling, etc. I am using the wrong words left and right, pretty unusual for me. kinda starting to worry a little bit.

Not only has my nerd-cred been publicly shattered, but I feel like a zombie and am slowly, but surely un-learning the english language.

Y can't I keep 'normal' hours like a 'normal' person, YYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?!? *screams in vain, whilst shakin clenched fist at sky*
2dh9q82.jpg

Ah, screw it, I can't stand normies, I don't wanna be one.

I didn't sleep last night cause I'm trying to adjust my schedule so I can be awake when the delivery guy comes. I'm expecting a record.

I feel sooooo dumb - I laid in bed for like an hour and a half but just listened to music and then got up and showered.

I am going to be utterly useless today... there's no way I can do anything physically or mentally strenuous in the state I'm in right now.

I can't even quote Dune right FFS, I'm a miserable failure. - Nice catch though, your Dune knowledge is clearly legit... I feel like an asshole/dum-dum for misquoting, but my brain is pretty spun right now, and I usually have 100 things on my mind at once so I can see why it happened.

Watch my record not even come today and then I'll pass out around a normal person's dinner time and then I'll be on an even more messed up schedule.

Wow edit for spelling, etc. I am using the wrong words left and right, pretty unusual for me. kinda starting to worry a little bit.

Tiredness is a legit excuse...

With the gom jabbar at his neck... awesome scene

That's the one. Also 'gom jabbar'? Dang homie, I take it you've read the books, yeah?

I wanna see the Jodorowsky's Dune that never got made, or finished, or whatever. There's a documentary about it out now.  Haven't seen the doc yet, but I'm definitely itching to.

Up early. Working out at like 9. Third day in a row!

Oh and goooooooood morning VC!

You're awfully chipper!

I've been slacking on working out and don't really have it in me right now. I will get back to it soons though. I feel like I have way more energy after working out.

That's the one. Also 'gom jabbar'? Dang homie, I take it you've read the books, yeah?

I wanna see the Jodorowsky's Dune that never got made, or finished, or whatever. There's a documentary about it out now. Haven't seen the doc yet, but I'm definitely itching to.

I've read the 6 Frank Herbert Dune books at least once a year for the last 20 years.

I have to see that as well. Hopefully it hits Netflix soon.

I've read the 6 Frank Herbert Dune books at least once a year for the last 20 years.

I have to see that as well. Hopefully it hits Netflix soon.

If I'm not mistaken, it was just released yesterday on physical formats Blu-ray/DVD and you can watch it digital on Amazon Instant and iTunes... not sure if it'll hit Netflix, at least not yet, maybe eventually.

Links: 

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/jodorowskys-dune/id885260587

Amazon Blu/DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Jodorowskys-Dune-Blu-ray-Alejandro-Jodorowsky/dp/B00J5LXMTG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Amazon Instant: http://www.amazon.com/Jodorowskys-Dune-Chris-Foss/dp/B00KRIYI3K/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1404837597&sr=1-1&keywords=jodorowsky%27s+dune

If I'm not mistaken, it was just released yesterday on physical formats Blu-ray/DVD and you can watch it digital on Amazon Instant and iTunes... not sure if it'll hit Netflix, at least not yet, maybe eventually.

Links:

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/jodorowskys-dune/id885260587

Amazon Blu/DVD: http://www.amazon.com/Jodorowskys-Dune-Blu-ray-Alejandro-Jodorowsky/dp/B00J5LXMTG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Amazon Instant: http://www.amazon.com/Jodorowskys-Dune-Chris-Foss/dp/B00KRIYI3K/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1404837597&sr=1-1&keywords=jodorowsky%27s+dune

nice... thanks

True blood. It's kinda gone downhill but this is the last season so anything can happen.

True Blood doesn't come close though. Really poor substitute for GoT. It's totally 2nd rate for HBO and GoT is prob the best live action TV series ever (IMO) I have the 1st season of TB on blu-ray but I feel like for the most part every season was progressively worse. The tone of the show is soooooo corny/cheeseball now and they always hit the same beats. Sex scenes are totally gratuitous, there's like 2 of them in every episode, and seems like every other episode has one chick going down on the other. Hey, I get it, not enough oral sex being performed on gals in adult TV shows, but give someone else a chance, you don't need to fill the whole quote for all of television! I'll still check it out, just to see how it wraps up, but I'm so glad this is the last season. They should pull a GRRM and kill Sookie off. Have vampire Bill just drain her to death.

nice... thanks

No prob!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic