Congrats on your double LP :D

Squeeee! I hit 1,000! Finally! *phew* Looks like you'll be leveling up soon as well!

Aw that's great that you were able to bounce back by getting some positive support from someone you look up to!  I swear this is like a bad relationship that I just never want to let go of.  We stopped talking back in 2011 too or similar reasons and she decided to care enough to make sure I was okay after hurricane Sandy. I should've known it would've gone right back to the way things were soon after.

Ha yeah, it's such a small thing but totally reminded me 'fuck the haters, focus on the people that matter'

And I can totally relate I've had tons of that kinda stuff. People revert back to their old ways so easily. I've even called people out on their character flaws and they say they'll make an effort to do better and I'm like 'alright cool' and then they don't and I'm like 'chyeah I'm done wasting time on people who are only around when they want something'

I know all too well the art of skating on thin ice and choosing words carefully.

I think what I'm gonna do is just keep asking on a bi-weekly basis and keep the chatter to an absolute minimum. If only I knew which day of the week would be best to ask on. Oh well, seems like a decent enough plan.

That's such a bummer. =\ I don't understand why people can't just be good. That would make everything so much easier lol.

I know, right? It's mind boggling. My advice would be cut the negative people out of your life and focus on the people who are more in line with how you want to live your life.

Anyway, mail man came by, my record didn't come in but now I can go to have a nap. Which I'm definitely doing cause my balance is way off, I almost fell flat on my face cause I tripped walking up the stairs. My foot missed the first step completely and I had to put my hands out to brace myself.

Have a good afternoon, all!

Ha yeah, it's such a small thing but totally reminded me 'fuck the haters, focus on the people that matter'

And I can totally relate I've had tons of that kinda stuff. People revert back to their old ways so easily. I've even called people out on their character flaws and they say they'll make an effort to do better and I'm like 'alright cool' and then they don't and I'm like 'chyeah I'm done wasting time on people who are only around when they want something'

I know, right? It's mind boggling. My advice would be cut the negative people out of your life and focus on the people who are more in line with how you want to live your life.

That is EXACTLY the mentality I have towards her.  She only would talk to me about herself or things involving her.  I asked her for help with some personal issues and she never cared.  But in her email she said "this friendship meant the world to me. i was there for you whenever you needed me. always."

Yeah, ok.

That is EXACTLY the mentality I have towards her.  She only would talk to me about herself or things involving her.  I asked her for help with some personal issues and she never cared.  But in her email she said "this friendship meant the world to me. i was there for you whenever you needed me. always."

Yeah, ok.

I've had so many relationshits where everything was unreciprocated, until they want something from you and that's when you hear from them. I cut those people out and never looked back.  It feels good!

I will leave you with one of my fave quotes ever... [You can substiture 'man' for 'person', 'he' for 'they', and 'him' for 'them':]

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I've had so many relationshits where everything was unreciprocated, until they want something from you and that's when you hear from them. I cut those people out and never looked back.  It feels good!

I will leave you with one of my fave quotes ever... [You can substiture 'man' for 'person', 'he' for 'they', and 'him' for 'them':]

“You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

True. And also:

“You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.”

Paul McCartney

<3 Paul <3

Thanks you guys, I'm happy to know that I've been making the right choice all along to not associate with her, even though the temptation is there.  But I honestly can't see us being friends anymore after the emails she's sent me today.

Again, sorry to hear about your situation.  I'm sure you have many great people in your life and you'll meet more along the way!

This.

I'm so sorry you two. I hope these people realize how immature they are being

First day back to work and my boss left me a novel of a to do list...ugh

Sorry about all the drama Egg, brush yo shoulders off GURL!

Thanks. :)  I'm beyond thinking she'll suddenly wake up and realize what's happening.  It's literally been 11 months.  She said because I didn't speak to her at all that she "gave up and moved on" even though I had to stop talking to her because of the way she was treating me.  So that goes to show she doesn't care all that much if she can just "move on".

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic