I don't know.  We had this letter on our door about how the police can't get to the 911 calls in the complex quick enough so they're changing the street name and getting rid of the apt # on the 2nd address line?

Like... we were:

21 Street Name, Apt. 201

City, NJ Zipcode

Now we are:

201 Complex Name

City, NJ Zipcode

Sounds like a sure way to miss some mail. Changing your address everywhere sucks royally! 

i just had such a lovely night of unexpected happiness.

aimlessly went in to town with little money or plan. smoked up in my car, and then walked around with some zeppelin in my ears. 

hung out in the record store for a while, and just enjoyed some good music.

walked some more, found a couple guys playing acoustic on the steps of city hall- with an incredibly refreshing song selection compared to what i'm used to hearing from two guys playing cover songs on acoustic guitar. they especially won me over with simon & garfunkel - cecilia.

took another jaunt, and on my way to my car, met a couple of lovely ladies, who i then played parking lot soccer with.

i feel so much better focusing on all of this rather than the part where 3 different friends flaked after previously saying they wanted to get drinks.

oh, i also only spent $2 tonight. which went right into the guitar case of one of those guys. 

yay.gif

I don't know.  We had this letter on our door about how the police can't get to the 911 calls in the complex quick enough so they're changing the street name and getting rid of the apt # on the 2nd address line?

Like... we were:

21 Street Name, Apt. 201

City, NJ Zipcode

Now we are:

201 Complex Name

City, NJ Zipcode

If the cops are getting called to your complex often enough that they had to change the address... it might be time to consider a move.

I like the idea of city life. Working in a place that's actually close to where I live, being able to take a train/bus or ride a bike or even walk to wherever it is that I'm going, even living in a smaller apartment or condo. It's an appealing lifestyle to me. After eighteen years of living in a small, sprawled out rural wasteland, followed by what will end up being five years in a fair-sized college town where, even though there's more to do here than back home, I still feel trapped, I want to get away from nowhere.

Sounds like a sure way to miss some mail. Changing your address everywhere sucks royally! 

Yeah that's what I'm most worried about.

If the cops are getting called to your complex often enough that they had to change the address... it might be time to consider a move.

It's for first responders, not criminal activity, lol.  The cops always show up first, while the fire/EMS is being dispatched.

I like the idea of city life. Working in a place that's actually close to where I live, being able to take a train/bus or ride a bike or even walk to wherever it is that I'm going, even living in a smaller apartment or condo. It's an appealing lifestyle to me. After eighteen years of living in a small, sprawled out rural wasteland, followed by what will end up being five years in a fair-sized college town where, even though there's more to do here than back home, I still feel trapped, I want to get away from nowhere.

You just described my life. I am finally in the city and it's awesome. It isn't perfect and I'm always broke, but I finally feel in my element. If this is really how you feel then go for it! I just started applying to all the jobs I could in the city I wanted to be in. If your broke, you'll figure out a way. I sold a ton of stuff and ate ramen for a while but it was worth it to me. If you don't like your situation, have the courage to change it. I hate to be cheesy but... YOLO!

You just described my life. I am finally in the city and it's awesome. It isn't perfect and I'm always broke, but I finally feel in my element. If this is really how you feel then go for it! I just started applying to all the jobs I could in the city I wanted to be in. If your broke, you'll figure out a way. I sold a ton of stuff and ate ramen for a while but it was worth it to me. If you don't like your situation, have the courage to change it. I hate to be cheesy but... YOLO!

I would eat ramen all the time if if meant I could leave oklahoma!!! Im working on my exit, I just need to be patient. Your city life sounds fantastic!!

I would eat ramen all the time if if meant I could leave oklahoma!!! Im working on my exit, I just need to be patient. Your city life sounds fantastic!!

You can do it! Seriously. I grew up in a place called "Prisontown USA". If I can do it, you can.

My only quip is I don't really have any friends. It's really hard to make friends in a city environment... Especially with my schedule. I think I would be more likely to strike up convos with people in coffee shops / bars if they weren't so damn attached to their phones and iPads.

You can do it! Seriously. I grew up in a place called "Prisontown USA". If I can do it, you can.

My only quip is I don't really have any friends. It's really hard to make friends in a city environment... Especially with my schedule. I think I would be more likely to strike up convos with people in coffee shops / bars if they weren't so damn attached to their phones and iPads.

But I'm always attached to my iPhone and iPad because im talking to you guys. Lol. it's hard for me to make friends too because I don't leave the house that often and if I do, I'm usually by myself and knitting and people don't find that to be very approachable. You would be a really cool friend to have though!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic