come to NC

wait no

move higher than that

NYC is the goal. Rather, NYC is the goal if I don't end up teaching English abroad.

Unrelated, I have a "funny" story about today's election. I had to cast a provisional ballot because apparently I was registered in my home county (even though I voted where I currently live in the general election two years ago, which seems pretty sketchy to me considering GA's Secretary of State conveniently "lost" 40,000+ voter registration applications right before the election). So, I told my dad about it and I said that I hoped it would get counted, to which he responded, "I bet I hope it doesn't, haha." I knew he was joking, but I also knew he was totally serious.

Oh, the joys of being the only democrat in a die-hard republican family.

that means you should make your own party, will

My friends want to the whole VIP thing. We usually have a house party. I don't see the point in paying $1200 for 6 people, a semi private section, 3 bottles and champagne. Maybe if we could increase the people.

Ok yeah that's some horseshit. Fuck that.

I knew friends who went to parties in NYC that literally didn't stop until 4am January 2nd.

Which is why SC is near the top in DUI's smh. I'm bringing can money regardless but still. People just go the BYOB clubs and strip clubs after 2.

I seriously miss NYC. I'm trying to get back but it's so expensive!

Last NYE party I went to was a few years ago at a warehouse in NYC. I have no idea how I ended up there. I peed behind a parked car and the owner of the car came up to the car while I was still peeing.

Also like 20 people tried to buy drugs from me.

what kind of helper-outers do you have, dead guy?

NYC is the goal. Rather, NYC is the goal if I don't end up teaching English abroad.

Unrelated, I have a "funny" story about today's election. I had to cast a provisional ballot because apparently I was registered in my home county (even though I voted where I currently live in the general election two years ago, which seems pretty sketchy to me considering GA's Secretary of State conveniently "lost" 40,000+ voter registration applications right before the election). So, I told my dad about it and I said that I hoped it would get counted, to which he responded, "I bet I hope it doesn't, haha." I knew he was joking, but I also knew he was totally serious.

Oh, the joys of being the only democrat in a die-hard republican family.

all i'm going to say to this is, that sucks you had to go with the provisional ballot, and your dad is not funny. my dad loves me but had a john mccain sign in the yard back in the day and votes R all the damn time. it's hard to process when your father knows you're a lesbian, who counts on allies voting the "right way" but hey you know, it makes for fun holiday conversations. im looking forward to the andrew cuomo talk this year, heh.

My friends want to the whole VIP thing. We usually have a house party. I don't see the point in paying $1200 for 6 people, a semi private section, 3 bottles and champagne. Maybe if we could increase the people.

um no. that is too much damn money. get more peeps involved or bail out, dude.

all i'm going to say to this is, that sucks you had to go with the provisional ballot, and your dad is not funny. my dad loves me but had a john mccain sign in the yard back in the day and votes R all the damn time. it's hard to process when your father knows you're a lesbian, who counts on allies voting the "right way" but hey you know, it makes for fun holiday conversations. im looking forward to the andrew cuomo talk this year, heh.

Yeah, the provisional ballot thing didn't bother me as much as his response, but at this point I'm used to it. The last time my dad and I were talking about politics, he finished the conversation with "I think you're a brainwashed liberal" the same way he said he hoped my ballot didn't get counted today, and I actually laughed out loud when he said it. I definitely know he loves me, though; we just jab at each other because our political views are polar opposites.

And oh man, don't even get me started on holidays with the family. I'm a queer, nonreligious left-wing feminist, which is basically my entire family's worst nightmare, but almost none of them actually know, so I have to keep my mouth shut while they talk politics. Some of the things they say make me furious. The only reason I never actually speak up is because they watch the news way more than I do (granted, they almost exclusively watch Fox News, so I use the word news very loosely), so they'd be able to talk me into a corner with all of the "facts" they've heard because I don't have the ability to immediately reference "actual data" or whatever to support my arguments.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic