Feel better eggers.

Thanks icy cream

I don't know anything about what you're going through but is it diet related?

I have heart palpatations and can't breathe if I have tomatoes, onions or iceberg lettuce. Random!

It's not, it's unfortunately thyroid related most likely. I have palpitations often, but it's not from anything in my diet. I've been caffeine and alcohol free for nearly a year now.

That's really interesting about the tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. I wonder what's in those that trigger that for you?

I can't image what that must be like, but I bet it's scary enough to continue to cause your heart rate to rise.

If calming music/sounds help, maybe get some ear buds and download one of those sound machine apps for your phone. At least you would have it readily available.

I didn't know sound machine apps existed! I'll look into those. Thanks, skadad.

It's not, it's unfortunately thyroid related most likely. I have palpitations often, but it's not from anything in my diet. I've been caffeine and alcohol free for nearly a year now.

That's really interesting about the tomatoes, onions, and lettuce. I wonder what's in those that trigger that for you?

How strange, I'm caffine free but I can now only drink ale and red wine alcoholic. Anything else hurts my chest to the point I think I'm dying (keep trying with the rum though!).

Doctors thought it was thyroid related for me but the numbers (although slightly high) wasn't enough to say otherwise. Completley changed my diet though and I'm so much better.

I wish I had speakers on my work computer. :(

I had to stop working and read for a while to try to get it to subside but my pulse is still well into the 80s. Idk whats going on. This is what I was referring to earlier when I said I can't figure out what triggers my anxiety. I don't feel consciously anxious, but my body is reacting as if I am.

I get the same thing. Do you feel like trapped? They are basically panic attacks and the important thing to remember is that they will pass. I walk outside. There is a person at my work that causes me a lot of stress and I get them a lot/have been losing hair from the amount of stress. 

How strange, I'm caffine free but I can now only drink ale and red wine alcoholic. Anything else hurts my chest to the point I think I'm dying (keep trying with the rum though!).

Doctors thought it was thyroid related for me but the numbers (although slightly high) wasn't enough to say otherwise. Completley changed my diet though and I'm so much better.

Omg that is terrifying! Have you seen a cardiologist? I had a 24 holter monitor and an echo done and both were normal, but these issues still persist.

This is what sucks: Those numbers don't mean anything. "Slightly high" needs to be treated. If the symptoms are there, they need to be treated. When Drs "test" for thyroid, they're actually testing your pituitary. It doesn't make sense to test a completely different part of your body when trying to determine an issue with a totally separate organ.

I get the same thing. Do you feel like trapped? They are basically panic attacks and the important thing to remember is that they will pass. I walk outside. There is a person at my work that causes me a lot of stress and I get them a lot/have been losing hair from the amount of stress. 

Not trapped so much. My mind doesn't race, I don't get hot or sweaty. It's just my damn heart being a jerk. =\

The stress thing is something I deal with though. My boss drives me nuts. Do you work directly with that person at work? Can you request to work with someone else?

Seinfeld may be the most consistently re-watchable show ever.

I agree, the clothes and stuff may be outdated but everything else is still so relevant to life today.

Omg that is terrifying! Have you seen a cardiologist? I had a 24 holter monitor and an echo done and both were normal, but these issues still persist.

This is what sucks: Those numbers don't mean anything. "Slightly high" needs to be treated. If the symptoms are there, they need to be treated. When Drs "test" for thyroid, they're actually testing your pituitary. It doesn't make sense to test a completely different part of your body when trying to determine an issue with a totally separate organ.

Not trapped so much. My mind doesn't race, I don't get hot or sweaty. It's just my damn heart being a jerk. =\

The stress thing is something I deal with though. My boss drives me nuts. Do you work directly with that person at work? Can you request to work with someone else?

Don't get hot or sweaty, my heart just races and I feel like I am going to die. Yeah, I wish that I could and I am trying to change. This person has lied about me to others and makes me seem like a bad person to others as well. It's very stressful, but I do my best cuz I am thankful for my apartment and food and food for my cat.

Don't get hot or sweaty, my heart just races and I feel like I am going to die. Yeah, I wish that I could and I am trying to change. This person has lied about me to others and makes me seem like a bad person to others as well. It's very stressful, but I do my best cuz I am thankful for my apartment and food and food for my cat.

Do you know what your heart rate goes up to? The highest I was today was 88 bpm. Now I'm down to about 80. I'm normally around 75-77.

Wow that's an awful situation to be in. That person sounds like such a jerk. Hopefully they'll get what's coming to them and you'll be free of them ASAP.

Yeah I've had all that done, ultrasounds, cameras down my throat and everything. Still no outcome. 

Last port of call was just diet related and how the most random foods were setting me off. Mushrooms and toast were also on the list. I'm allowed, cheese, chocolate and big slabs of meat but I'm not allowed brown bread and mushrooms.

It makes no sense but it works.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic