VC Fantasy Hockey League

Also going back and seeing this league started Pavelski-Kopitar-Kane-Crosby and Ovi going 10th overall is absolutely mind blowing now.

Bare in mind that draft order was based on where the person finished the season before and who they kept. Sid definitely went 1st overall originally.

Based on the new keeper rules the following players are ineligible to be kept. But I do have a question, what if one of the players was traded during the season?

For example, I had Doughty and Pacioretty as keepers and then traded them during the season to Yak City For Toews (who i then traded to Jacob and he then traded to him to Matt).

Although no picks were moved so i guess it isn't that big of a deal but what would happen if someone traded a pick for one of those guys?

Joe Pavelski (SJ - C,LW)

Alex Ovechkin (Was - LW,RW)

Tyler Seguin (Dal - C,RW)

Claude Giroux (Phi - C,RW)

Anze Kopitar (LA - C)

Patrick Kane (Chi - C,RW)

Sidney Crosby (Pit - C)

Corey Perry (Anh - RW)

John Tavares (NYI - C)

Evgeni Malkin (Pit - C,RW)

Max Pacioretty (Mon - LW)

Steven Stamkos (TB - C)

P.K. Subban (Mon - D)

Erik Karlsson (Ott - D)

Ben Bishop (TB - G)

Nicklas Backstrom (Was - C)

Chris Kunitz (Pit - LW)

Jonathan Toews (Chi - C)

Drew Doughty (LA - D)

Jamie Benn (Dal - LW)

Patrick Sharp (Dal - C,LW)

Ryan Getzlaf (Anh - C)

Phil Kessel (Pit - RW)

Traded players stay in the slot they were originally drafted in, and if kept, would move 2 rounds earlier. The traded pick doesnt matter becuase you have to get a pick in return so it evens out.

If the rd the player would be kept in was traded away they player would be kept jn the following round. So if they would be kept in the 10th round, but you traded that pick,they would then be kept in the 11th round.

This new keeper rule is bullshit considering I made trades based on who i was going to keep and now 3 of my players that were my keepers have to go back into the draft? Im losing Towes, Perry, and Getzlaf. Thats beyond shot. Can we not put this rule into effect for the 16-17 season?

Im all about majority rule with this one and everybody is losing somebody, plus you would be drafting 3rd so you have the potential to pick any of them back up or somebody better..

Heres the thing, trades were made for lower picks (4th and so on being what everyone thought was the first round after keepers). So now all those 4th-7th picks that everyone though were the high ones after the keeper rounds, are now just worth middle round picks instead of top picks. If this was discussed prior to now and during/before last season Id be all for it. But after some people prepared for the next season with their rosters/trade moves, it just sucks