Hey, look at this killer packing job!

this has been brought up and discussed seriously SO MANY times, so i dunno how you guys dont know this, but there is no record packing department of go-hastings. they are all shipped from specific stores, so the employee in the store packs it up for you. sometimes they have mailers, sometimes they dont, and they work with what they have. this is another reason why they might not have a replacement copy when it comes damaged. It may have been a return, trade in, sell back, or just the last copy. 

its ALL hit or miss with go hastings, and when ordering, you should know to expect that. also, DONT BUY USED CD's.

well if that's how they run it, then i feel slightly bad for the person who has to read my e-mail. it's just me being an asshole at someone who has no control over how it's handled.

haven't had a chance to open the record yet, but if there's no damage beyond a few creases on the front, then i'm good.

this was really the first time i've received something packaged with so little care. i should consider myself lucky that it's taken this long. it just got me worked up that any employed worker would think that this was done properly.

I've stopped taking chances with them...

-- Ordered Weezer's Green Album on vinyl, they sent me a CD. They let me keep it and refunded me though. SUPER!

-- Ordered a few 'NEW' dvd's for my sister and they all came used. I called about it being nice and asked them to send me the 'NEW' copies and I'd send back the used, but they told me "no, you need to place an order for the dvd's that you want and send back the order we sent you." That was annoying.

-- Shitty packing job from when I ordered Elliot Smith's S/T. Corners bent. Great.

Although I did have one good experience from them somewhere in the middle of all that... When I ordered Cave In's - White Silence for $11 new and it was on gold. Packed great and nothing wrong. Threw me off completely.