I need a new windshield

kirbypuckett

A rock hit my windshield and cracked it, I'll need a new one for inspection in May, so you may make offers on the following items.

I'll still make trades though, even though I need cash, because I'm an idiot, haha. I won't part with much, but thee rest of my list is here: http://www.recordnerd.com/lists/scottauth

7"

Against Me! - Thrash Unreal

Anti-Flag - Emigre

Brand New - Sic Transit Gloria...Glory Fades

Set Your Goals - Reset (Magenta, /200)

10"

Honor System, the - 100% Synthetic

Big D & The Kids Table - Strictly Rude (/1000, black/white, 2x-LP, gatefold)

Bomb the Music Industry - Get Warmer Asian Man Picture disc, /465

Bomb the Music Industry - To Leave or Die in Long Island (Beach ball, 49/110)

Colossal - Welcome the Problems

Converge - No Heroes (1st pressing, black/white, /1000)

Descendents - Liveage!

Less Than Jake - Greased (Clear pink & blue, /300, 1st pressing, OOP)

Loved Ones - Build Burn (Green)

NOFX - The Longest Line (Peruvian white, /1082)

Propagandhi - How to Clean Everything (Yellow, /1028)

Cassette:

Justin Sane (Anti-Flag) demos

I hear ya!

Mine is currently broken too.

I replaced it on November 30th....then during the Holidays I went to visit my parents (Eastern Canada), and on the way back I received a rock in the windshield and sadly it wasn't just a

"chip". So I said screw that, and so far I haven't replaced it yet! It cost me $420 the first time...and there's way I was gonna spend another $420 less than 30 days later!

Hey Scott A., doesn't your auto insurance cover it? I don't know about other states but here in FL if the only thing damaged is the windshield then it's 100% covered and no deductible applies.

if only insurance worked like this in canada. what's the catch?!

No catch at all. It's state law down here. I know this is the way it is for the auto insurance company I work for. Don't know about the others.

interesting. i was never able to go through insurance when i had cracked windshields because my deductible was usually more than the windshield itself. i suppose that's the problem that such a law in florida helps one to avoid. very cool.

It all depends of your level of protection. You could get a no deductible for windshield (glass) is you wanted to...but your overall cost would be higher. Most people will have take the deductible for glass...so that the overall cost is lower. Since you could go many years without any glass damage...it's somewhat to your advantage to go with the glass deductible. Now some companies will offer your 1 free claim...but what you need to know is that if you use it and you then need another claim within a short period (example a small fender-bumper)...your insurance will go up!!

interesting. i was never able to go through insurance when i had cracked windshields because my deductible was usually more than the windshield itself. i suppose that's the problem that such a law in florida helps one to avoid. very cool.

My deductible is $500, but the windshield costs $350ish w/ installation included. I'm on my 2nd one already.

I just switched to Geico (AND SAVED 30% OMFG! NOT 15!!!!!) and I don't think it's covered under my plan.

glass coverage is usually really cheap to add, and its no deducatable. at least when i had geico it was like that.. and i even was able to get tinted glass. didnt effect my rates at all.

yea totally worth it to add it to your plan. I have had glass on my car, didn't affect my rates that much, and was totally worth it, especially in the north east with the weather and shitty roads.