Doctor Who Discussion

• 4 months later...

Is that all you have seen or did you go back later?

Anyone seen everything and have a recommendation?

I started with the reboot (Eccleston as the 9th Doctor) and caught up, now working my way through the original episodes.  9 is a safe starting point because that's where the majority of this generation of fans started.

Couple episodes in on the new series. Having trouble with the "sloppiness" of this show. You have aliens that bumble around played by guys in suits then fluidly when they switch to CG. So obvious. The controls of the tardis seem like a kid playing bop it.

Still watching, just venting.

Couple episodes in on the new series. Having trouble with the "sloppiness" of this show. You have aliens that bumble around played by guys in suits then fluidly when they switch to CG. So obvious. The controls of the tardis seem like a kid playing bop it.

Still watching, just venting.

The first season of the reboot (with Eccleston) is super cheesy.  It gets better by the time Tennant comes around.  Hang in there!

I think an older Doctor may bring the show back to the drama and cerebral writing and stories as opposed to mostly being all action and violence. Not saying I'm opposed to that, but it'll be change of pace. 

I first got into the show during the Tom Baker tenure, so I always identified the Doctor as being the older wiser sage Time Lord. 

I don't know how I'm gonna take Smith leaving. I think the new guy is a great actor, but I just love the way Smith plays the role and the way he and Moffat seem to mesh as writer/actor. I'm super excited to see how they handle the whole John Hurt thing. It's gonna be a pretty crazy special, I think. I know some people hate it, but I really like the way Smith has changed the role and the character a little bit. Given what I've seen of the new Doctor, I think that change may continue.

• 2 weeks later...

^Rose is diff hot. U should check out 'secret diary of a call girl' as that should remove any doubt.

Need to catch back up. I think I quit watching after season 3. Its campy good fun. I heard the latest doc is really old. Wonder what that's gonna do to the ratings. And I luved eccleston but tennants tha man! grew up watching the originals on pbs....I think the doc with the celery in his trench coat was the best. Maybe baker? Its kinda amazing its been on soo long.