As it said, i just finished watching Homeland Season 1 on DVD. Holycrap, that was better than i expected. Mandy Patinkin is awesome. I want to live in Saul's beard. Claire Danes is a study in whole face crying, as you may note here

https://pinterest.com/jesshulett/the-claire-danes-cry-face-project/

On a side note, i have a friend who teaches at a Community College and has had a bi-polar student. While watching this he said Claire was pretty spot on. As he recently found the aforementioned student hiding under his desk talking rather excitedly about illegal aliens and Minute Men out to kill her.

I hear Season two is good as well...

Season 1 kicks ass. Didn't like Season 2 as much.  I won't ruin anything for people who haven't seen it, but the whole Carrie and Brody relationship has always gotten on my nerves.  I understand them hooking up, but I've never bought them being in love.  Also I'm not really a big Damian Lewis fan.

Season 1 kicks ass. Didn't like Season 2 as much.  I won't ruin anything for people who haven't seen it, but the whole Carrie and Brody relationship has always gotten on my nerves.  I understand them hooking up, but I've never bought them being in love.  Also I'm not really a big Damian Lewis fan.

Im with you on this but sometimes wonder if it isn't a giant mind fuck on both their parts...

Season 1 was fantastic and they always kept you guessing as to where they were going to go.

Season 2 is what happens to a show with no expectations going into it now being shackled with expectations. It was still very, very enjoyable but it got pretty ridiculous at times to keep amping up the tension.

I'm still on board for season 3, but I'm approaching it with caution rather than the blind excitement I felt going into the second.

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway through Season 2. It's still good. Things have got tense. People have said that while it's fast paced and exciting, this season is a bit more of a stretch in believability. I must admit that i have had some issues with continuity and maybe i am not the only one.... For example:

Brody is out in the woods with carrie and it's all ovenbirds and red eyed vireos.

but, later when Brody is out at night you can see his breadth.

Then he is outside of his house and there's Cope's Gray Treefrogs calling.

Then, he's in a hotel parking lot and there's spring peepers and northern true katydids going to town.

All the while kids are in school and everyone is wearing long pants, but then going swimming.

Of course the son swims in a shirt. he needs to sack up quick.

I also just saw the SNL Homeland skit. moderately amusing.

[media][/media]