The Dream Thread!

I've always been one to have really ridiculous vivid dreams that I remember all too well.

I propose public dream journal!

I bring this up now, because my shit was absurd last night. But mostly, because it started with me walking into some random, small, dark bar by myself. Not having any idea who I was there to see. And then Hipster showed up. Then Casey. Then Sean! Before I knew it there were like 8 or 9 of us, casually sitting around (no shenanigans!), and just drankin' beers and listening to some good tunes on the juke.

Scene missing.

It was about 5 am, and I was walking across the parking lot of a plaza in the pouring rain wearing a pair of rolled up pants and a trash bag as a cape. While texting Hipster "Denny's was an awesome terrible idea". I'm not really sure where I was walking from at this point, because as I was texting him, I was walking back to Denny's.. where my friend and his wife were. They were totally judging me. It was probably the trash bag cape.

Being at Denny's eventually turns into a giant family dinner with my grandma, siblings, and parents. They were all coming to pick me up, because my car died- which involved going back into the pouring rain, and pushing it across the parking lot with my dad and brother to Sears to get it fixed.

While my dad was dealing with the auto shop, I started wandering around the store, and bumped into WWE Divas Champ Kaitlyn. I bashfully approached, and she responded to my hello with, "Hi! I'm Kaitlyn! I like to wrestle, and I love the show Happy Endings!" After a moment of geeking out together, I found myself consoling her as she sobbed with uncontrollable joy. She's really happy to be the champion...

So that was over with. My family was outside, and it was time for us all to go home so we could go to work.

My mom was driving, and the out of no where, pulls off the road and behind some brick wall. Because she saw a cop car, and in this dream, my mom is deathly afraid of cops. I started bitching because jesus christ mom, I need to go to work!

For some dream reason, this turned into us entering whatever sketchy-ass warehouse building this was. Things started getting really creepy in a way that I wish I could convey. I just remember being in a small room with all stone walls, and video being projected on them. At this point, we were joined by my older brother. I don't have an older brother... so my imagination had to go and make one up. It chose Omar from The Wire. I've never even seen The Wire.

So as we were in that room, my brotha brother said fuck this shit, and we walked out. All of a sudden, he had some sort of agenda... started going on about how mom's sad because her parents are going through too much shit. And that he can't deal with it, because he's developing some government business. Like guns built into ATMs; because if someone's trying to rob one, why wait for the cops if it can just shoot you itself? He handed me a wad of cash and said to take care of myself and that he wouldn't see me for a while. And not to tell my family, but that I should get back to them.

So I headed back to creepy room, and much creepier, my dream decided to switch things up. This was no longer my family. It was a white trash father, and his trashy daughter who wasn't wearing much of anything arguing with her trashy step-mother who wasn't wearing much of anything. 

I really wish there were more to it from here, but this was the moment that I woke up... without an alarm clock, and about 6 minutes after it should have gone off.

I was terrified of how much work my brain had just done, and it really fucked with my morning. The whole time I was in the shower and getting dressed I just kept remembering more and more details. And now, 15 hours later, I can't believe I've retained that much.

It was just a very far cry from the dream I had a couple nights ago where I was on the Miami Heat, and had to get over the fact that it was my job to play and just get over hating LeBron so much. 

I had a dream a few months ago where the girl that lived across the hall from me knocked on my door. She told me and my wife she was moving out, and if we wanted we could look around her apartment and take anything we wanted. She was moving back to Canada and her parents didn't want her to bring anything back. I woke up and told my wife, because in my dream her apartment was full of mtn dew game fuel and ice cream cones, which I thought was funny.

The next day, my wife was cooking dinner and talking on the phone with her mother. All of a sudden we get a knock on the door. I look at my wife because neither of us were expecting anyone. I open the door, and it's the girl across the hall. She says, "hi, I'm moving out and I just wondered if you guys wanted to come over and see if you wanted anything, since my parents don't want me to bring anything back."

I look at my wife without even responding, and she's cracking up. I then tell the girl that I had a dream last night that she was going to ask us that. She just goes, " oh."

She didn't find it weird at all. But I thought it was super creepy, and now I tell my wife every dream I have that has to do with realistic events, in hopes that I'm a psychic.

This is a perfect idea. Emily and I have had some incredibly strange dreams lately. She takes sleepy-time pills, and I just drink before bed.

Last night, she had a cold, so she got up in the middle of the night and moved to the couch to quit bothering me with her coughing. \

This morning, when I woke up, I swore I was married to a girl named Melissa. This girl named Melissa, I do not know in real life.

YES, I'm big into this stuff. There is so much about it that we can't explain or understand yet, which I find really interesting. I keep a dream journal because I have been experimenting with lucid dreaming... Because who doesn't want to control their dreams?

My one friend had a dream experience that I will never forget. Her cousin was 17 and died in a silo. (He worked on a farm, was in the corn silo and got sucked under and suffocated) literally the next night she said he came to her in her dream. She was woken up by someone shaking her shoulders. It was her cousin... He was telling her how scared he was and how he didn't know where he was. My friend is terrified of things like this but she said for some reason she was really calm and told her cousin that she loved him and everything was going to be okay. She's only ever talked about it with me once.

The most solid thing I've gained from tracking my dreams is that when bad shit is going on at work I have a very terrifying and specific recurring dream. I'm driving up a really steep road that drops off to a cliff on both edges. The road gets more narrow as I go farther. I never reach the top. It's always really foggy and I never have full control of the car so it's constantly weaving from one edge to the other. I have this dream a lot during our busy quarters at work.

You should definitely start tracking your dreams rybread. If they are that detailed and crazy more often than not... you can definitely learn a few things.

I've had 5+ dreams of my dick either breaking in half or completely falling off.

my girlfriend studies dreams (like went to school for dream psychology) and this apparently means one of two things

1. worried about your masculinity 

2. or you have to much testosterone 

I used to have a reoccurring dream as a kid featuring elmo.

I would be sitting on my floor in my bedroom and elmo would be sitting on my bed. If I moved or made a noise he would eat me (which happened to me every time) then I would immediately fall in to another dream. 

i was a weird kid. 

madie, when i was in the shower this morning, i was honestly able to make sense of it. but of course, i have a better grip on what my mind made up when i was passed out than i do of a conscious thought.

I would be sitting on my floor in my bedroom and elmo would be sitting on my bed. If I moved or made a noise he would eat me (which happened to me every time) then I would immediately fall in to another dream. 

i was a weird kid. 

my reoccurring dreams featured me in a super hero costume thinking i could fly down my staircase... getting halfway down, and seeing two guys in classic cartoony robber garb waiting for me, and then falling. waking up before i hit the ground.

then i always had dreams about someone waiting in my basement to kill me. i was always scared of someone being down there, though, so that made sense i guess.

also, i've died in my dreams. everyone always says how you wake up before you die, or you land from a fall. not me... my dreams have carried on beyond my doom.

my girlfriend studies dreams (like went to school for dream psychology) and this apparently means one of two things

1. worried about your masculinity

2. or you have to much testosterone

This is a bummer. I've always needed to get my levels checked out.

I also have a LOT of time travel dreams. Always going back in time to try to stop hanius crimes from happening. And every time people ask me for ID, I'm wearing pocketless shorts.

I always have crazy weird dream but the most recurring or theme of my dreams is the constant changing of where I'm at. It never fails when I go in and out of door the location changes.

Even driving in my dreams when I turn all of a sudden I'm in a completely different road and area. The only thing that doesn't change is my dream. I keep going on as if nothing changed

i was a weird kid.

I used to have dreams about Animal from the Muppets attacking me. Now I always have this weird dream where I am at some house I have never seen. It has been going on for a few years and scares the shit out of me.

I have a lot of dreams where I'm either naked, or wearing only a robe in public and it's perfectly normal at first. But as the dream progresses, I feel more and more self-conscious and it becomes less and less normal. 

I hate these dreams.

Also in high school, I dreamt I was pregnant every night for a whole week. The week after, I dreamt I was getting shot every night.

My most vivid dream ever consisted of me falling off a cliff and not waking up when I hit the ground. I felt my skull shatter and all before everything went black. I prefer waking up when I fall thank you :( Also woke up with a massive headache that lasted all day.

I generally don't have the same recurring dream but sometimes a variation of the same themes.

- I'm back in high school but I'm the same age I am now. I still remember my locker combination and all of the books are the same ones from my senior year. English and math classes interchange in the dream but the story is always the same: I go to the first day and before I know it, it's the last week of finals and I walk into class and realize that I didn't attend the entire year.

- I'm in college and living in the dorms on campus. I arrive a few days before classes start to get my room set up and meet my roommates. Everything is going fine until the night before the first day of classes and one roommate decides to leave and live off-campus. Then the next day as classes start I realize I don't have my course schedule and I head over to the Admin building to get it. They can't find me in the system and that's when I realize that I already graduated college and don't need to deal with this.

- I go somewhere for a concert or park or whatever, in my car. The day goes by with doing things and when I get back to where I parked my car, I find that it's either been stolen and gone or it has been stripped and it's all in pieces.

Make sense of that shit!

i think im gonna go gas an IPA real quick, and chase it with some nyquil. because i just dont feel like being awake and refreshing this forum anymore.

i fucking hate winter.

Damnit... I wish I could remember my dreams so I could participate.  I always tell people that I don't dream, which I know of course isn't true because we dream every night, but that's what it honestly feels like for me.  And when I do dream, I only remember very small bits and pieces.

There is the very VERY rare occasion where I do remember a dream very well, but if I don't keep thinking about it throughout the day, I completely forget.  Maybe I should start keeping a dream journal like Charlie Kelly.