Black Flag to reunite

apirk

I watched an interview with Henry from a couple years ago the other day. He says that Black Flag is his past and he does not want to relive it. He also says that he has been lucky and is financialy secure. I guess some of the fomer members are not and have never seen a dime in royalties. Greg owns the copyrights to everything and has been known to send cease and disist orders to companies printing shirts without his permission.

Thats why the Greg Ginn "reunion" Black Flag is called "Black Flag" and the other one is called "Flag". Its also why the "Flag" reunion features  more actual members of the band then Greg version.There is some serious bad blood between these guys.

i'm the exact opposite.

i own 4 black flag records, and the only one with henry on it is the tv party single.

and i'm in the middle. 

Love Rollins (but mostly for The Rollins Band/his extremely one sided views expressed in spoken words/his tv show), but it always feels like most people think the band should be called "Henry Rollins & The Black Flags." 

Keith is my vote as far as the Black Flag reunion would go.

You don't own Damaged or My War?

Strange.

i know. i actually really enjoy those 2 albums, too.

not much of the stuff that comes after, slip it in was kinda weak, and all that jazz stuff they did twards the end i never gave much of a chance.

i'm am well aware that they are still in print, and intend on picking those 2 up eventually, but it's never really been a number one priority.

shipping from SST is high, and they're always a little over priced in stores.

ANNIHILATE THIS YEAR: 2013 - Black Flag Covers Year

Greg is doing it, Chuck is doing it...why not everyone do it!

Why bother deciding on Black Flag or FLAG, let’s face it we all know they should leave the history well alone and will probably be terrible. We should get Black Flag cover bands set up all over this year so you don't have to pay for some awful over-priced festival ticket, and we'll probably play the songs better anyway!

Spread the word around, pass this event on to band bro's, post gigs and line ups up...whatever. If this is a terrible idea, ignore it! It's just for fun, let’s see how many people get behind it.

Here's the Facebook page for listings, updates:

http://www.facebook.com/events/345048538929002/permalink/347460732021116/?ref=notif&notif_t=like#!/events/345048538929002/

LIVE '13!!!! Coming this summer....

• 1 month later...

Flag are coming to Toronto in the summer and I broke down and bought a ticket.

It's interesting because the band is promoted as "original members performing the music of black flag".

They have to advertise it like that because Greg Ginn owns the rights to Black Flag. They have to promote it as a cover band of sorts. I dont think Flag will be that bad because it's pretty much Black Flack minus Greg.

I figured there was some legal reasons as to why they had to promote the show like that.  I just found it entertaining.

I'm not much of a fan of Keith Morris, but hopefully (while highly unlikely) his between song rants will be kept to a minimum.  You're right, out of the two Black Flag bands touring right now, Flag is the closest thing you're going to get to seeing a "real" Black Flag reunion.