Cleveland/Akron VC (or surrounding areas in NE Ohio)

sspeck

I agree, I didn't like Spin More either. I don't think I ever saw anything in there post-1995. I wish there was a shop in the area that actually carried modern stuff (other than The Exchange's limited mainstream offerings).

I know what you mean. Streetsboro and Hudson are kind like no-mans land when it comes to record shops. When I was living in Kent, I hated the drive to downtown Akron to go to Square Records. Couldn't imagine the drive from Streetsboro or Hudson, Haha.

The Exchanges can be hit or miss. I've found good records in some locations, but they're usually overpriced; however, I have managed to find records that are spot on with their pricing

I went to 3 Exchanges. The first one I went to was 5 minutes before opening. Tenth in line, the first ones in grabbed the only copy. By the time I made it to the other three they were long gone. Came across Chiodos though. Looks like I worked out a trade for the Circa split. Thanks for your help.

What's everyone's take on Ramalama and the other Toledo stores? Worth making the trip?

I started in Bowling Green to Toledo to Cleveland..... Got everything I wanted between Rama and Finders, could of gotten it all at Rama lol

Also picked up a couple albums I was missing :P I had too pee so bad at Rama but for the love of the Dads 7" I held it for nearly 1.5 - 2 hrs lol

I may check out the stores in reverse order when I head back to NW Ohio tomorrow, debating on that Katy Perry pic disc lol

Haha, I saw that pic disc today. I can check back if need be!

I had it in my hands, but something told me just to buy the regular version of it :P Plus I know the pic disc will be easily obtainable in the future at the store (or least I predict it will be.)

and Fat Heads is rad!

Me and thispartysucks128 got to Square Records at between 8:00/8:30. There were a lot more people than we were expecting there already. By the time they opened though we were about right in the middle of the whole line so it wasn't too bad.

There were a couple of guys in front of us who we started talking to that were pretty cool so that helped time go faster. It helps making friends in line too because we were telling each other what we were looking for and when I got in there he already had the last copy of the Scott Pilgrim video game soundtrack ready to hand to me so that was amazing.

After that we went to Kent to look around Last Exit for the hell of it. Then we went to the Exchange just down the road in that plaza next to 101 Bottles. Then finally we hit up the Exchange in Belden.

Not a bad outing for our first actual RSD.

I started in Bowling Green to Toledo to Cleveland..... Got everything I wanted between Rama and Finders, could of gotten it all at Rama lol

Also picked up a couple albums I was missing :P I had too pee so bad at Rama but for the love of the Dads 7" I held it for nearly 1.5 - 2 hrs lol

I may check out the stores in reverse order when I head back to NW Ohio tomorrow, debating on that Katy Perry pic disc lol

My fiancé was out of town so I couldn't leave my boston terrier home long enough to venture out to Toledo, though I was still gone all day going to the various Cleveland stores!

Me and thispartysucks128 got to Square Records at between 8:00/8:30. There were a lot more people than we were expecting there already. By the time they opened though we were about right in the middle of the whole line so it wasn't too bad.

There were a couple of guys in front of us who we started talking to that were pretty cool so that helped time go faster. It helps making friends in line too because we were telling each other what we were looking for and when I got in there he already had the last copy of the Scott Pilgrim video game soundtrack ready to hand to me so that was amazing.

After that we went to Kent to look around Last Exit for the hell of it. Then we went to the Exchange just down the road in that plaza next to 101 Bottles. Then finally we hit up the Exchange in Belden.

Yeah it was cool chatting with a few dudes outside of My Minds Eye while waiting, plus we looked out for each other in the trenches which is always helpful.

Lined up at Record Den & as always was a smooth experience. Dudes that run that shop are always super nice & helpful. They even opened a bit early to let people in. Had a lot of stock & got everything I was looking for.

Buzzed over to Music Saves & that place was sweet. I had never been there before but they still had some good stuff. I actually only stopped in to get the new Saintseneca album after my friend said they had it there.

Went to Lakewood about 1015 & that line inside My Mind's Eye was ridiculous. That place moves the absolute slowest out of anywhere. I think I'm done going there on RSD.

Finished up all the way in Cuyahoga Falls where a friend of a friend held a DMB box for me :) After trading a bunch of shit in I only paid $25 out of pocket for that sucker.

Overall, great day!

we had to be standing right next to one another. hell we may have even talked to one another.

altogether I hit up Square (twice because a friend didnt go in the morning with me), record den, vinyl underground, and the exchanges in kent, cuyahoga falls, fairlawn, and willoughby.

only snagged two things, never even saw two of the things I was looking for. did manage though to help out a guy who used to be on here with the Gambino release.

was a good day though. ended it with drinks and hookah in kent.

we had to be standing right next to one another. hell we may have even talked to one another.

Really?? Not to sound weird but what were you wearing? I might vaguely remember seeing/talking to you. I was in a black hoodie with an Eraserhead shirt. Thispartysucks128 was wearing a black No Sleep Records hoodie.

Really?? Not to sound weird but what were you wearing? I might vaguely remember seeing/talking to you. I was in a black hoodie with an Eraserhead shirt. Thispartysucks128 was wearing a black No Sleep Records hoodie.

God I honestly don't rmemember what anyone had on. I was in a grey wonder years shirt, black hoodie, grey beanie and red/black sunglasses. If you saw a guy who looked like he was riding the struggle bus that was me. I was out late the night before drinking and such. Wasn't prepared for that early of a wake up.

God I honestly don't rmemember what anyone had on. I was in a grey wonder years shirt, black hoodie, grey beanie and red/black sunglasses. If you saw a guy who looked like he was riding the struggle bus that was me. I was out late the night before drinking and such. Wasn't prepared for that early of a wake up.

I feel like I remember seeing someone in a gray Wonder Years hoodie. Not sure on the other details though, haha.

• 2 weeks later...