Cleveland/Akron VC (or surrounding areas in NE Ohio)

sspeck

I'm actually getting ready to move to Cleveland Heights soon with my girlfriend in two months.

I'm so excited I can't wait it'll be a much better life for us rather than Sandusky.

It seems to fit us very well plenty of good food,bars,shows,book stores,ect.

Can anyone recommend some wooded areas for hiking ? 

I would say if you don't mind driving half an hour, check out the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Lots of great wooded trails to hit up

excellent i'm definitely willing to make that drive thanks !

While i'm here does anyone know other ways of looking for rental houses ?

I'm getting kind of nervous here we're aiming for early June as a move in date but besides craigslist and a few other sites it's getting harder to find something. I thought we had this house but because of work we couldn't make it out there sooner, especially since we work different shifts and live an hour away. I think we're near the bottom with an $800/mo budget but i've found great deals they just get snagged so quickly. Ideally i'd like to find a place where I can also play drums but realistically I can do with out it.

excellent i'm definitely willing to make that drive thanks !

While i'm here does anyone know other ways of looking for rental houses ?

I'm getting kind of nervous here we're aiming for early June as a move in date but besides craigslist and a few other sites it's getting harder to find something. I thought we had this house but because of work we couldn't make it out there sooner, especially since we work different shifts and live an hour away. I think we're near the bottom with an $800/mo budget but i've found great deals they just get snagged so quickly. Ideally i'd like to find a place where I can also play drums but realistically I can do with out it.

If you're looking for a house to rent, you could always try Zillow. I did a quick search in the Heights area and it looks like everything is right around the 1k-1.5k area, but there are some cheaper ones as well. Howard Hanna is a big realtor company in Ohio and I recommend their website, but again, it might be a little out of your range. If you're looking for apartments, the easiest way to go is just type in Google "apartments in Cleveland Heights Ohio" and go to the Maps seciton of Google and you should get a bunch of hits

Anybody in the CLE area play instruments/want to jam? I was trying to commute to Columbus to write with my old drummer and it's not working. Craigslist is filled with embarrassment haha.

Influenced by Built To Spill, Pavement, Pedro the Lion, poppier stuff like Elvis Costello, older Foo Fighters and tons more. Nothing written so far, just want to get started again.

Anybody in the CLE area play instruments/want to jam? I was trying to commute to Columbus to write with my old drummer and it's not working. Craigslist is filled with embarrassment haha.

Influenced by Built To Spill, Pavement, Pedro the Lion, poppier stuff like Elvis Costello, older Foo Fighters and tons more. Nothing written so far, just want to get started again.

I have a drumkit that's been gathering dust in my basement and I've been meaning to get back on the horse again. Do you have any music online I can check out?

Who's going where for RSD? I think I'm going to hit Record Den first in Mentor then head to My Mind's Eye in Lakewood. Probably hit a couple Exchanges along the way as well.

Current plan is:

8am — My Mind's Eye in Lakewood (line up around 7)

10am — The Exchange in Lakewood (line up around 9:30)

11am — Record Den in Mentor (hopefully by this time their line will have dissipated)

LUNCH

1pm — Blue Arrow in Collinwood/Waterloo Arts District

2pm — TENTATIVE: Loop in Tremont (my wife is actually starting her RSD here at 8am as she'll be in the area dropping our dog off at daycare, so she may have already picked up whatever I need from there. I still might head out to check out their used selection though)

4pm — Square Records in Akron (my friend Nick has an MMA fight in Akron that night so we're just gonna head down early to see what they have)

The No. 1 thing I want more than anything else is the Cake box set; I know My Mind's Eye and Record Den didn't get it; Loop and Blue Arrow haven't posted their arrivals list yet, so my fingers are crossed. Square did get it, but the odds of it still being there 8 hours later are probably pretty slim.

Who's going where for RSD? I think I'm going to hit Record Den first in Mentor then head to My Mind's Eye in Lakewood. Probably hit a couple Exchanges along the way as well.

I'll be driving home from BG in the morning, so I will hit some shops here and then progress from Westside to Eastside....assuming I don't get what I want here :/

That is pretty sweet, not gonna lie. But yeah, I know there used to be an old-school record store in downtown Kent that closed like a year ago, and Square Records in Akron just doesn't have that great a selection. There are always a few things that pop up at the Exchanges but that's not too often. *sigh*

Hate to disagree, but Spin More in Kent (where the JJ's is now) wasn't a good shop in my opinion. Everything was overpriced and I wasted about $30 on a piece of shit needle the guy sold me that ended up actually breaking within 2 weeks of me buying it. No surprise as to why that place closed