RFC signs Modern Baseball / PO: Sports repress

I'm always so happy to see people loving this band because they are some of the nicest, coolest dudes I know, and they worked their asses off for the past year and it's paid off. I keep seeing people trash the Facebook/Twitter references but these guys are all about 20 years old and iPhones and social media are big parts of their lives. They write songs based off their own lives and experiences, so they can't exactly leave out things like Facebook statuses about relationships and such when that's something they see and are affected by everyday. 

I finally listened to this band after putting it off for a while. At first I really didn't like it, maybe it did have something to do with all the social media references, but it's really grown on me after a few listens

Oh yea man. Soooo many social media references in this album....oh wait, it's basically just that one song...that references twitter twice and said Facebook once and tweets once...

Other than that one song there are no other social media references other than texting I think in one other song. What is up with people focusing on one little thing and making it seem like it's such a big deal and such a burden to album as a whole? It's really not a big deal and I think "@chl03k" is a great song. Get over it.

Oh yea man. Soooo many social media references in this album....oh wait, it's basically just that one song...that references twitter twice and said Facebook once and tweets once...

Other than that one song there are no other social media references other than texting I think in one other song. What is up with people focusing on one little thing and making it seem like it's such a big deal and such a burden to album as a whole? It's really not a big deal and I think "@chl03k" is a great song. Get over it.

Get over the fact that some people are grown ups and references to twitter, facebook, and tweeting are a turnoff.

Get over the fact that some people are grown ups and references to twitter, facebook, and tweeting are a turnoff.

I get that it can be a turn off. I'm just saying people (or at least that one person I quoted) should stop acting like it ruins the entire record or the band itself because it just doesn't...at all. It's just one song.

And I think it's dumb to generalize that just because you're a "grown up" that you don't use or aren't in touch with social media. More and more "grown ups" are getting into it. My 53 year old mother uses it daily and I know a lot of other parents are getting into it too and I'm sure they could somehow relate to or at least understand the references made in the Modern Baseball song if they were to hear it. So frankly I don't think your "grown up" argument makes much sense. Everyone is different, so yes maybe it's a turn off to you for whatever reason. But it may not be a turn off for other "grown ups".

It was the first song I listened to when checking them out, so yes, it was an immediate turn off. Social media as a whole annoys the hell out me so yea it was annoying. I also said that the album grew on me after listening to it. I don't love the album, but that has to do more with the music than the lyrics anyway. And just for the record, after my initial dislike for that song, I looked past that and think it's one of the catchiest songs on the album.

It was the first song I listened to when checking them out, so yes, it was an immediate turn off. Social media as a whole annoys the hell out me so yea it was annoying. I also said that the album grew on me after listening to it. I don't love the album, but that has to do more with the music than the lyrics anyway. And just for the record, after my initial dislike for that song, I looked past that and think it's one of the catchiest songs on the album.

Word. Glad you dig it. Sorry for pouncing on you like that. Just got a little irritated by the phrase "all the social media references" just because there really aren't many. But I guess if one listens to that song first it makes sense that one could be turned off and not wanting to listen to the rest.

I get that it can be a turn off. I'm just saying people (or at least that one person I quoted) should stop acting like it ruins the entire record or the band itself because it just doesn't...at all. It's just one song.

And I think it's dumb to generalize that just because you're a "grown up" that you don't use or aren't in touch with social media. More and more "grown ups" are getting into it. My 53 year old mother uses it daily and I know a lot of other parents are getting into it too and I'm sure they could somehow relate to or at least understand the references made in the Modern Baseball song if they were to hear it. So frankly I don't think your "grown up" argument makes much sense. Everyone is different, so yes maybe it's a turn off to you for whatever reason. But it may not be a turn off for other "grown ups".

Grown up was a poor choice of words. Touche. Still a turn off for me though.

also, i'm probably just complaining, but the album art doesn't go well in full at all. probably because the original picture is already pixelated, but it's so terrible around the letters and i had to double check the actual picture because it felt like it was just resized terribly. nothing that could really be done about that, just ranting, hahaha.