RFC signs Modern Baseball / PO: Sports repress

I actually like that they use twitter on ESPN and I like the fact that a lot of actors and athletes do their own tweeting. It gives average people like us the opportunity to communicate with them or at the very least hear what they have to say without having to get them on the phone or in studio or hear it secondhand. I feel like they are more real on twitter because they say what's actually on their mind and they aren't trying to cater to everyone 100% of the time because they feel some false sense of security behind their smartphones. Yea, it's strange to hear a sports news broadcaster mention twitter and a high profile athlete's tweets as news. But that's just as real as if they had gotten that athlete on the phone for their opinion, only it's more honest in my opinion because they tweet their honest thoughts not really thinking that it could be on Sportscenter the next day.

So really I think twitter has a lot more relevancy than we give it credit and that's why I like the Modern Baseball song. It feels weird to hear a song mention twitter and tweets and Facebook because maybe a part of us doesn't like how real it gets. We are used to songs being more abstract than that perhaps. But that's exactly what I like about it. It's real and it talks about something that is a real part of life now whether we like it or not. Twitter exists and it somehow has an impact on our lives if we choose to use it, which most of us do at least from time to time. And if it's not that then it's Facebook that consumes us.

Sorry for the rambling analysis haha. Queue up the Billy Madison "everyone in this room is now dumber" video post... :P

that twitter song really isn't so bad.  certainly no more cheesy than anything Saves The Day ever sang.  the music is really good enough to compensate for what might be weak lyrical content, but there are WAY cheesier songs around by bands that are way bigger.

i'm pretty into this.  ordered a copy on splat.

I actually like that they use twitter on ESPN and I like the fact that a lot of actors and athletes do their own tweeting.

I think because it's called "Twitter" and "Tweets" "Tweeting" etc. it's just hard to say those words without sounding ridiculous. I'm sure we'll all get used to it, I mean they've been quoting tweets as news since like 2008, but to me it just still sounds funny when I hear those words on TV, Movies, Music, etc.

• 2 weeks later...