RFC signs Modern Baseball / PO: Sports repress

Doesn't Deathwish let you pick whatever color you want...?

That's a relatively new thing for them. They don't specify the amount of each variant other than signifying the most limited by limiting it to one per customer. Then I assume they undersell by a certain amount to try not to have to give anyone the color they didn't choose. I think that's a pretty smart way to do it.

Jeff, I think you should at least continue to list the variants in the item description, and perhaps if someone wants a lesser limited variant allow them to request it in the notes.

just like the first pressing of Jar was 300 Black, 500 Brown, and 700 Orange/Olive With Gold/Purple/Grey Splatter, I went straight for the splatter cause that shit was fire.

Yea, the nerd in me ordered a /300 black, then a few days later my desire to have that amazing looking /700 led me place a second order.

Being able to choose is something I love about buying records from RFC. The way I see it, even if someone wants the record for a specific color, they are going to buy it and people who want the record to have the record are going to buy it. Keeping it that way seems like a better move in selling more records.

Ok, understood. Thanks for the feedback (for real). 

What if you were allowed to pick, but the small print says something along the lines of colors not being guaranteed due to over/under run and pressing issues out of our control?

I think that's a good middle ground, but I also feel like it might imply that there's a decent chance you won't get the color your ordered, even though it's 99% that you will.

probably better to forewarn people. That way, if they do complain you can say that you did give them a heads up.

What if you were allowed to pick, but the small print says something along the lines of colors not being guaranteed due to over/under run and pressing issues out of our control, but 9.9 times out of 10 people get exactly what they order?

I wouldn't make it a "small print" thing, but maybe a note right under the selection bar that says something along those lines.

What if you were allowed to pick, but the small print says something along the lines of colors not being guaranteed due to over/under run and pressing issues out of our control, but 9.9 times out of 10 people get exactly what they order?

There would be riots on these boards, I tell you what.

As long as you kept the actual pressing info quite for a while then people wouldn't freak out.

Then people wouldn't worry about what colors they're getting until orders start arriving.

I don't think he means keep just the numbers quiet, but what the colors are as well.

Personally I think that only letting people know how many colors there are before the record is out is a really great idea. Would make buying a little more fun in my opinion.

Then people wouldn't worry about what colors they're getting until orders start arriving.

I don't think he means keep just the numbers quiet, but what the colors are as well.

Personally I think that only letting people know how many colors there are before the record is out is a really great idea. Would make buying a little more fun in my opinion.

Yeah, that's what I was planning on. 

I like what death wish does. Let's you pick the color but doesnt let you know how many of each there are. I dont always want the rarest color.

This is probably the best option, being like "Yo, there's 100 of these pressed! Even though it's listed as in stock you might not get the one you want" will only cause drama on a regular basis. Just make them available until they're sold out and then give out the pressing info months later (or not at all) ;)

This is probably the best option, being like "Yo, there's 100 of these pressed! Even though it's listed as in stock you might not get the one you want" will only cause drama on a regular basis. Just make them available until they're sold out and then give out the pressing info months later (or not at all) ;)

This doesn't solve any of the problems though!

I'm confused as to why this has to change anyways. Because of the possibility of there being less records than originally planned?

Seems like it. Why not short the amount you pre sell around the amount you seem to get shorted the most (I know it's not an exact number, but an educated guess would be better than ordering 200 and selling 200)? Or even better (if financially possible) just stop doing pre orders and sell the vinyl once it's on hand and counted?