What's your latest purchase?

What do you think then compared to the Micro?

And what do you think about the Helius arm?

The Helius arm is incredibly easy to use, so very happy with that.  The bearings are ultra smooth so the total feel of the tonearm is super luxurious, quiet and just fluid in nature.

I haven't gotten a chance to compare with the Micro, but this first impressions of the Townshend are that it is more fluid and simply flows with music.  I need to compare the two tables together, but there is a coherency in the Townshend that is unique to it.  Still more learning to do on my part!  Both the tables are a joy to use!

The Helius arm is incredibly easy to use, so very happy with that.  The bearings are ultra smooth so the total feel of the tonearm is super luxurious, quiet and just fluid in nature.

I haven't gotten a chance to compare with the Micro, but this first impressions of the Townshend are that it is more fluid and simply flows with music.  I need to compare the two tables together, but there is a coherency in the Townshend that is unique to it.  Still more learning to do on my part!  Both the tables are a joy to use!

I thought you'd like the Helius, those boys know what they're doing and I'll wager most of what you like is down to that arm. The only other people I would put in the same place for tonearm quality are Kuzma, I sold a Stogi years ago and have always regretted it, I won't make the same mistake with any of my Helius arms.

Got a Marantz PM6005 on Friday and it's been awesome so far. Pairs very well with the pro-ject. Next step is to find some suitable speakers and new headphones

Depends what your tastes are sound wise and what you listen to music wise as different speakers will sound vastly different and that has strangely little to do with cost so you need to go and listen to some.

I picked up a Music Hall A15.3 integrated amp. It was an open box, but the guy says it never actually left the box, plus it still has it's warranty. $427 shipped, so saved around $123. I can't wait to get it. Next up some blue jeans interconnectors and speaker cables, then a new turntable.

I picked up a Music Hall A15.3 integrated amp. It was an open box, but the guy says it never actually left the box, plus it still has it's warranty. $427 shipped, so saved around $123. I can't wait to get it. Next up some blue jeans interconnectors and speaker cables, then a new turntable.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you want to upgrade cables before your turntable? 

It's much cheaper, and I used my DAC a lot more than my turntable right now. I have no clue how old the speaker wires are either, since I was given the speakers by my uncle years ago. They look really thin and cheap.

Edit: It appears it is going to be an expensive few months. Any suggestions on what to add/forget, etc?

5Dawfuq.png

It's much cheaper, and I used my DAC a lot more than my turntable right now. I have no clue how old the speaker wires are either, since I was given the speakers by my uncle years ago. They look really thin and cheap.

Edit: It appears it is going to be an expensive few months. Any suggestions on what to add/forget, etc?

5Dawfuq.png

Pretty sure those Diskeeper sleeves can be had cheaper, but I'm not 100% sure. I just think I've seen them cheaper.

I think Elusive Disc gives bulk order discounts on MOFI inners.

It appears they do, thanks!

Now I'm debating saving a bit more and going with a VPI Scout Jr or Traveler. Anyone know the major difference between these 2? They are the same price.

Cool - any pre-amp/speaker suggestions? I'm not sure I want to go the receiver route so I'm thinking of some Audioengine A5's. No idea what I should look for in a budget pre-amp though. 

It's a proper hifi table so so get the best out of it not a pair of powered speakers, if you have the space get a decent integrated amplifier and passive speakers.

well, at least the COLORING is right, but the design? The lines aren't straight and there are no stars. Major fail.

This.

What does the performance pack add to the RP1? Better tonearm?