update on all that cdstinnett Paypal bullshit

lokithelion

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm in the middle of this shit right now as well.

i sent someone a drum cymbal in australia, and they're claiming that it hasn't arrived. i got delivery confirmation and insurance on it, though, so i'm assuming i'll win the claim. it still has a few days left in it, and i haven't been able to use my paypal account for anything during the last 2 weeks. mega annoying.

I've had shit like this happen a few times - if you don't get DC on everything you send that was paid with Paypal, they have no problem whatsoever telling you, 'oh well.' Paypal is the buyer's bitch, no matter how questionable the situation is. They don't give two shit about any of their sellers and I don't know how it hasn't bitten them in the ass yet....

The entire consumer payment world is the customers bitch. Not just PayPal, the Credit Card companies will always side on the customers side, I work in ecommerce and see it daily. They do care about the sellers but its just the nature of the world we live in, customers have the final say, its the same reason why if you call your Credit Card company and claim you didn't pay for the hotel for 3 nights you can do a chargeback and you don't even need to get a new credit card, its called soft fraud in that case. What makes this worse is you get 1 seller who gets a chargeback or soft fraud refund and they go ape shit and suddenly everyone else is out to get them and no one cares about them.

I honestly don't think the dude is scamming anyone. Looking at the dispute it was clearly paypal initiated not something he did intentionally. Keep in mind that not only was the money taken from you but it was not just given back to him. It's in limbo so he doesn't have your cash personally.

I traded with this guy last month with zero problems. I think he's a good guy who just had some bad shit happen with his Paypal. That stuff happens all the time. I once got my Paypal hacked and over $400 was sent to some guy for an iPod. Luckily I pretty much saw it unfold and was able to put a stop on it immediately, but still, Paypal isn't impervious to this stuff. This stuff happens.

I honestly don't think the dude is scamming anyone. Looking at the dispute it was clearly paypal initiated not something he did intentionally. Keep in mind that not only was the money taken from you but it was not just given back to him. It's in limbo so he doesn't have your cash personally.

Chris is a good guy. I've been friends with him for over 10 years. He's not trying to scam anyone. He's just as frustrated about all of this as you all are. Just be patient. You will all receive you payments/refunds/records/etc soon.

Chris is a good guy. I've been friends with him for over 10 years. He's not trying to scam anyone. He's just as frustrated about all of this as you all are. Just be patient. You will all receive you payments/refunds/records/etc soon.

He should respond to emails and PMs. That's what makes this all look so shady.

Just heads up...there's discussion about this unfolding on the pop punk bored too...the more I hear about it, it smells really fishy. I buy a lot of records, but this sounds like the cdstinnett spent a ton of money in a very, very short time.

http://bored.knockknockrecords.com/index.php/topic,48506.0.html