Nu-metal Appresh

No shame here, I still love Nothingface.  Brutal lyrics and crunching guitars.  Those guys never got the appreciate they deserved in that era.  I saw them open for Coal Chamber and they killed the show. 

oh man, i forgot all about Coal Chamber... fuck, thinking back on it, they were terrible too

BIG TRUCK

BIG TRUCK

BIG TRUCK

I had a nu-metal phase that then morphed into a technical punk/metal phase (Strung Out & Bigwig) in the late 90's that eventually morphed into a punk/emo phase in the early 00's that morphed into a punk/emo/hardcore phase around 2003 that has eventually morphed into a punk/hardcore/emo/folk/pop/rap/country/skrillex phase so for the majority I just listen to music and enjoy all varieties. 

My jams were...

Slipknot

Sepultura

Soulfly

Korn

Limp Bizkit (I even rocked out to this as recently as 3 months ago and oddly still enjoyed it, even the new stuff)

Coal Chamber (lived on a farm and we always had big trucks, so the song big truck was very fitting)

Sevendust

Snot (still probably would be listening to them if they were still together)

Fear Factory - were they nu-metal? I don't know, but I listened to them a lot. 

Have pretty much always listened to Deftones the whole time since before white pony. 

Sepultura can't be classified as a nu-metal band. In the late 80's, they were a death metal band. By the 90's they changed their sound to a more trash metal (??) approach. And I really don't know what they do nowadays, cause their last record I've heard was "Against",

I used to listen to Limp Bizkit, Papa Roach and Rage Against The Machine when I was 13. Can't stand this type of music now.

Sepultura is in my top 3 favorite bands ever and they're definitely not nu metal. However the Roots album could be confused for nu metal. I followed them until Igor left. I haven't paid attention to them in years.

I don't think of Fear Factory as nu metal either but you can argue they accidentally started the whole trend early on with the no solos thing.

Yea, I only listened to Sepultura albums Chaos AD and Roots. Remember this was a time when listening to music meant that you had to physically own the album and I did not have lots of money for music. You also couldn't just go on Youtube or Myspace or whatever and listen to an album before you bought it.  Makes me want to listen to that now. I think I only really liked the first Soulfly album, and thought that I really liked the second one when it came out and then I slowly started realizing how much it sucked and was not Sepultura.

I got into Pantera like 3 years after they broke up. I even saw them at ozzfest in like 98 or something like that and I was like "meh". I used to be stupid.....and some would argue still am. Metal bands that I still have tons of respect for are Pantera, Sepultura, and Slipknot even after all of these years and can go back and listen to it with the same excitement and passion for it.

I was a big fan of RATM as well and still get stoked when I hear pretty much anything off of evil empire, but everything else I am kinda meh on.

Yea, I only listened to Sepultura albums Chaos AD and Roots. Remember this was a time when listening to music meant that you had to physically own the album and I did not have lots of money for music. You also couldn't just go on Youtube or Myspace or whatever and listen to an album before you bought it.  Makes me want to listen to that now. I think I only really liked the first Soulfly album, and thought that I really liked the second one when it came out and then I slowly started realizing how much it sucked and was not Sepultura.

The first soulfly record is ok. Nowhere near anything Max has done with sepultura, but still ok. I like their cover for Ratos de Porão song "Caos"

haha nothingface, they were good. i too, had a lot of nu-metal in my jr high / high school days. im not sure what one came first. but reveille was a big one for sure and i still rock out to them. they were pretty young too when their first album was released. then bleed the sky came out and i thought that ruled. then a few members went off and made genuflect, but i couldnt get into it

when i worked for newbury comics, my manager was telling me a story of when he helped run battle of the bands or something similar in boston, and reveille showed up with their parents and had brought their own lighting for the set. haha wish i was there for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Again I state mushroomhead is the shit. Everything from their self titled to XIII is awesome. Once Jason left the band they turned into something really really awful.

Finally got my hands on these this year.

70FC36FF-A5D3-4312-926E-1388A74D4DD3_zps

7934A4DF-C41F-44BF-BC82-984D1D9353B9_zps

40B85A8C-B097-47C7-BD56-0C4E4064F8E2_zps

HOOOOLLLY SHEEEEIIIITTTTT. I've seen them countless times in my high school years-early 20's. Always one hell of a show, but alas never got to see them with Roxy. :(

HOOOOLLLY SHEEEEIIIITTTTT. I've seen them countless times in my high school years-early 20's. Always one hell of a show, but alas never got to see them with Roxy. :(

Same I used to goto the Croc Rock Cafe and The Trocadero. My first show of theirs was on Valentines Day ha Jason was still in the band back then. Never saw them with Roxy could have multiple times when they did their old school shows but I was young then and had no way to make it to Cleveland.

• 3 months later...