Pandora limits free mobile listening...

i think last.fm's artist match or whatever is the most accurate out there.

i feel like pandora doesn't even come close to playing music relevant to the station you're actually asking for. plus, ads. 

I have spotify premium. I love it, but I can't get my playlists to download to my external memory on my android which sucks. I like that you can save playlists to play offline when you have no internet connection. I have a 45 minute drive to civilzation where there is no cell phone service, so it is perfect in my situation.

It's $.99 for mobile use only once you pass 40 hours of streaming per month. After that first $.99 payment you can stream as much as you want until the next month. This is for mobile streaming only. Web users will not be effected.

With that being said I don't use any 'radio'. I mandate my own playlists and hate 96k audio! :)

I've come to find with all the roommates that I have throughout the years and many of my friends that much of my generation don't even have mp3s of much music anymore.  Like my roommates are really into dubstep so I've gone to shows and stuff with them.  I'll mention that so and so just put out a new album or whatever and they would have no idea unless I played it for them  because all they listen to is pandora.

There's something to be said for listening to real radio. I like Sirius because they actually have some personalities and decent shows (as opposed to terrestrial radio that is almost universally a bag of shit), and certain other qualities that you won't find from an algorithm guessing what song it should play next.

Word. Something to be said for that, as we live in the age of personalized media. We see the articles we want, get the TV shows we like on demand, and want access to everything we could possibly want to hear right in our pockets.

I still find a giddy thrill from hearing songs I hadn't thought about in years pop up on the radio, though. One hit wonders, novelty hits, stuff I used to love that has long since fallen by the wayside, nestled in with new songs and stuff I'm currently enjoying. I'm legitimately torn about whether of rather pay for spotify or Sirius.

Spotify would use an algorithm to decide what to play for me - lately it's been stuff like old Cryptopsy, Cephalic Carnage, just the bullshit I listened to in high school. The last time I had a long commute for work and the metal station kept playing shy like Emmure, I switched through my presets and heard "Spoonman," a song I hadn't even thought about since probably 2000. That was worth the laugh, and worth the jamming out and singing along on my drive. I never get the same sense from pandora or spotify, the same randomness or serendipity or anything. I've had people tell me Sirius is too lame compared to spotify but I legitimately enjoy it, even though I'm usually a full-album listener.

i spend $3 a month for last.fm, and it gives me unlimited ad-free streaming. like i said.. the best streaming radio out there.

i also have my entire library in google play. so if there's ever a song that i NEED to hear, i have access right there. or youtube if i have to.

then i have music actually on my iphone.

and an ipod.

basically, $3 a month is excessive. so i think your spotify accounts are stupid.

I have a ton of music on vinyl that I don't have on any other format. I don't really have a way to torrent things at the moment, so spotify is great for giving me access to albums like Billion Dollar Babies when the mood strikes. And it's super cool to be able to explore large swaths of genres/artists that I might have a passing interest in.

For how I choose to consume music, $10/month seems totally reasonable. Oh, if only there were a way to combine elements of both of the things I like...