NCAA March Madness 2013 (Official Thread)

I'll get my bracket, put Ohio State right in the middle like I do every year. Then I'll be heart broken as we struggle to get into the sweet 16. Unless Thomas goes super hero mode in every game, I think we pretty much suck. Kansas destroyed my hope last year.

big game for ohio state tonight against indiana.

they were completely shook by VCUs defense and couldn't get a good shot off if their life depended on it.  then in the second half they looked like a completely deflated team against VCU's bench.

if they beat UNC and UVA to end their season and make a little noise in the ACC tournament, they definitely have a case.

Anyone else watch the UVA/BC game yesterday. Virginia is such a joke of a program.  Such undisciplined play down the stretch and bad coaching by Bennett. 

yeah, we actually need to do that though. Going to be tough. Been hearing we're good if we win the next three games, but I'm still insanely worried. thank goodness that the bubble is weak this year.

going to be an interesting game tomorrow, going to have a good 6+ inches of snow in the area, we'll see what happens.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

lunardi just posted his updated bracketology. got to say, i'm somewhat surprised he has UVA in, but what really surpises me is they aren't even his last four in. i just don't understand how a team that loses to teams with rpis of 156, 127, 317(!!!), 168, 169, 139, and 130 can still make it into the tournament. I understand they beat duke, nc state, and unc, but those were all home wins and haven't shown how inconsistent they are on the road the entire season. by far one of my most disliked tetams that aren't rivals of vcu. i hope FSU and UMD stomp them this week.

love jerry palms updated bracketolgy per usual. feel like he checks his bias at the door.

also, has anyone checked out his new tool, jerry "palm reader" thing is pretty awesome.

fuck college basketball. and fuck espn for putting it on a pedestal so far above the nba.

playoffs, only time the nba is relevant. 

today, im banking on a st. louis loss to la salle and a win by vcu tomorrow to slip in and win the reg season championship.  need them to get the one seed for the conference tourney so i can watch the game (noon tip)  really hate this new job and work hours.

lol

at least with college basketball every game is important.  especially for the mid-majors that one slip up can send you packing

or, or there's professional basketball. where the best of the college players go. so that they don't have to play games that are generally three quarters of missed, uncontested mid-range jump shots.

or, or there's professional basketball. where the best of the college players go. so that they don't have to play games that are generally three quarters of missed, uncontested mid-range jump shots.

you lost me at uncontested?  you realize you are talking about college basketball and not the nba.  defense is only played in the nba during the playoffs.  the whole nba season is 80+ games full of offense and no defense.  its a "me" league.

belmont started out slow down 10 early on and now up by 2 at half. half way there.

you lost me at uncontested?  you realize you are talking about college basketball and not the nba.  defense is only played in the nba during the playoffs.  the whole nba season is 80+ games full of offense and no defense.  its a "me" league.

belmont started out slow down 10 early on and now up by 2 at half. half way there.

i'm knocking the shooters, not the defense. i'm saying guys can find themselves wide open for these jumpers, and still clank 'em when they do.

i'm knocking the shooters, not the defense. i'm saying guys can find themselves wide open for these jumpers, and still clank 'em when they do.

when it comes to the nba, im knocking on the defense, not the shooters

Got my ticket for UA/ASU yesterday, hope we destroy them this weekend. (Because fuck ending regular season play on a 3-game losing streak)

nice bounce back win