eBay: For Sale: The Format - Dog Problems

spasmwaiter

I actually never even knew about this website until this morning, so yes, I did just create my account. 

I'm also aware there's a repress coming up at some point this year. If you're just looking to listen to this record on vinyl, that's great. Believe it or not however, there is a market for original pressings, especially in a run of only 1,000. I'm sure it'll find a home on eBay, and I figured I'd share it here too. 

It happens. Is trying to sell a record on a forum for record sales really that bad? I mean, it's not like I want each and every one of you to display enthusiastic interest in it...

Its just we here are a community. We try to avoid paying ridiculous ebay prices for things and it rubs a lot of us the wrong way when the first thing a noob does is make an ebay sales thread.

P.S. is your name Hugh Janus?

Its just we here are a community. We try to avoid paying ridiculous ebay prices for things and it rubs a lot of us the wrong way when the first thing a noob does is make an ebay sales thread.

P.S. is your name Hugh Janus?

No, it's Barry McCockener.

And understandable. I wasn't trying to make the price too ridiculous, just trying to keep it similar to all of the sold auctions I've seen of the same record. I'm pretty broke.

It happens. Is trying to sell a record on a forum for record sales really that bad? I mean, it's not like I want each and every one of you to display enthusiastic interest in it...

Yeah... who doesn't wanna buy a 20 dollar record for 300 dollars? I couldn't think of a reason why not... could you?

Yeah... who doesn't wanna buy a 20 dollar record for 300 dollars? I couldn't think of a reason why not... could you?

That's the thing.. the record isn't 20 dollars. If you can find a first edition pressing for that, that'd be awesome! But you can't. The market price is over 100 for this particular record, and I haven't seen any sold on eBay for less than 150 used. As much as I'd like to give it away to someone who wants it, that would be financially irresponsible. And I don't expect anyone to go and drop 300 on the Buy It Now option, that's only there if somebody is actually desperate enough. 

That's the thing.. the record isn't 20 dollars. If you can find a first edition pressing for that, that'd be awesome! But you can't. The market price is over 100 for this particular record, and I haven't seen any sold on eBay for less than 150 used. As much as I'd like to give it away to someone who wants it, that would be financially irresponsible. And I don't expect anyone to go and drop 300 on the Buy It Now option, that's only there if somebody is actually desperate enough. 

THIS WAS 20 WHEN IT CAME OUT... The record is in high demand, correct, and demand dictates Market Value, but that doesn't mean that its original price wasn't lower. Financially Irresponsible? That's questionable... morally incorrect... now that's more like it.

It would be different if you came out here, made some half-assed (probably fake) excuse as to why you are selling it and how "hard" it is to see it go and this and that... instead, you came out and said I'm selling it for over 10x original price due to the fact that there is a market interested in paying top dollar for first presses.

If you had a starting bid at .99 none of would give a shit, and probably would be happy for you when it sold high. instead you come to a community that helps each other out and start off by posting an auction where you're gouging people. 

I get what you're saying. And I didn't come here to cause a bunch of melts. This is literally the first record I've ever sold on eBay. And the first I've ever seen of this website/forum.

I based the prices on other auctions that had already sold, after looking at expired auctions for a while. Didn't realize starting low was the "morally right" thing to do. 

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=dog+problems&x=7&y=4

The joining the thread/posting this thing aside, If I had an original pressing of this and knew the repress was coming, I would be doing the exact same thing as the OP. 

Let me take a slight step back... If he came out here and started the bid with a 1-20 dollar minimum (even if buy it now is 309), I would have no complaints, as many others have stated. I also agree with the post above, as if people need money, sell it. But, as it was also mentioned above, this is a community and this community does know how to use eBay. If you are coming here to tell us you posted something for a large (even though it's relevant) number, that just seems insulting. This may be built up rage I have from the large number of people who sign up here to post eBay sale threads and this one finally did me in, so I do apologize.

Let me take a slight step back... If he came out here and started the bid with a 1-20 dollar minimum (even if buy it now is 309), I would have no complaints, as many others have stated. I also agree with the post above, as if people need money, sell it. But, as it was also mentioned above, this is a community and this community does know how to use eBay. If you are coming here to tell us you posted something for a large (even though it's relevant) number, that just seems insulting. This may be built up rage I have from the large number of people who sign up here to post eBay sale threads and this one finally did me in, so I do apologize.

I absolutely back you. 100%. I've been a part of this community for a very long time and it is just sickening the amount of people who show up and post their eBay auctions with a hope to "promote" it and then just disappear once its sold. If I continue to see this guy around actually taking part in our little world, I would be absolutely astonished.