BEER/VINYL trade. BOTCH

floridagators

Hi. I have 2 bottles of the highly coveted Cigar City Brewing Hunahpu Imperial Stout along with other brews in my cellar: http://www.beercellar.me/cellar/AlexMehkago

I am looking for BOTCH - WE ARE THE ROMANS and NIRVANA - HORMOANING. 

Please let me know if interested in this or other BEER/VINYL trades. 

Screen%20shot%202013-04-03%20at%201.40.3

surprised nobody is up in arms that this guy is flipping. just flipping beer instead of vinyl. (i think trading beer for vinyl is awesome.)

$20 per bottle, according to cigar city's website. probably worth more to beer connoisseurs since it's out of production.

So it's out of print then, yeah?

surprised nobody is up in arms that this guy is flipping. just flipping beer instead of vinyl. (i think trading beer for vinyl is awesome.)

$20 per bottle, according to cigar city's website. probably worth more to beer connoisseurs since it's out of production.

if you know, you know. 

flipping? i'm just attempting to trade one coveted item for another. don't get your knickers in a twist bud. 

Out of all the people on planet Earth I think it will take a very unique cross-section to find someone who:

A ) Has the Botch record in the first place
B ) Knows what those 2 bottles of beer are
C ) Wants those 2 bottles of beer more than the Botch record

Seems like kind of a tall order, especially considering that in their heyday, Botch was pretty much a straight-edge band. I know they are not really a self proclaimed sXe band, but I believe that at the time most, if not all of the members were edge. I know Brian isn't anymore, TAAS drank heavily, not sure about Knudson, but MTB talks enough about drug use to assume he is no longer, if he was. But Dave Verellen was edge back then and still is now, and a lot of the people who grew up around that scene were edge as well. By no means saying everyone who listens to them must be sXe, but it just seems like a super unlikely trade to me. Probably better off to sell the beer to a connoisseur and put the money towards the record. Good luck!

Out of all the people on planet Earth I think it will take a very unique cross-section to find someone who:

A ) Has the Botch record in the first place

B ) Knows what those 2 bottles of beer are

C ) Wants those 2 bottles of beer more than the Botch record

Seems like kind of a tall order, especially considering that in their heyday, Botch was pretty much a straight-edge band. I know they are not really a self proclaimed sXe band, but I believe that at the time most, if not all of the members were edge. I know Brian isn't anymore, TAAS drank heavily, not sure about Knudson, but MTB talks enough about drug use to assume he is no longer, if he was. But Dave Verellen was edge back then and still is now, and a lot of the people who grew up around that scene were edge as well. By no means saying everyone who listens to them must be sXe, but it just seems like a super unlikely trade to me. Probably better off to sell the beer to a connoisseur and put the money towards the record. Good luck!

thanks for the luck wishes. but i don't think it's necessary to analyze this post this much. it was a shot in the dark, if it happens ...if not, i tried. i'm open to other vinyl or beer trades, just thought i could spark some interest. if it's too hot too handle i will gladly take the original post down. 

thanks for the luck wishes. but i don't think it's necessary to analyze this post this much. it was a shot in the dark, if it happens ...if not, i tried. i'm open to other vinyl or beer trades, just thought i could spark some interest. if it's too hot too handle i will gladly the original post down. 

Yeah, totally. I hear ya, just throwin it out there. I'm sure there are lots of beer and botch lovers on the board, so you never know. It's as good a place to look as any.

I think you can only buy this beer one day a year and they limit how many you can get...somebody gave me one once and told me it goes for about $100 a bottle on the aftermarket. I don't know how accurate that is but It was delicious.  I still have the bottle sitting on my shelf. 

you are correct sir, this brew is delicious. it is considered the #1 imperial stout in the world. cheers. 

I think you can only buy this beer one day a year and they limit how many you can get...somebody gave me one once and told me it goes for about $100 a bottle on the aftermarket. I don't know how accurate that is but It was delicious.  I still have the bottle sitting on my shelf. 

Damn, if I could get $200 for those bottles... maybe I will have to reconsider. Heck, maybe even drink 1 to see what all the fuss is about and then decide whether to sell or keep the other one! Hahahaha

you are correct sir, this brew is delicious. it is considered the #1 imperial stout in the world. cheers. 

It's got a 100 on beer advocate with plenty of reviews so I believe it. I've had too many good stouts to ever pick a favorite.

I do hope this woman brings me another one someday :)

Cheers!

if you know, you know. 

flipping? i'm just attempting to trade one coveted item for another. don't get your knickers in a twist bud. 

i was mocking all the people who get all up in arms over flippers. i personally have no problem with what you're doing, but if you were trying to use a valuable record that was released recently as trade bait, people would get alllllll upset and cry and shit -- which was the hypocrisy i (unsuccessfully) tried to point out. if anything i would trade you that botch record if i had it because the reviews of that beer made it sound most excellent. i would actually trade a lot of my records for beer...