Boston Marathon Explosions

yeah she's wild....their dad said if we kill his son, all hell will break loose.

much more to his comments than that.

i believe he was saying that he is not sure they could do this and if "his youngest son" is also killed, he will be assured that this is an inside job. i don't think he was threatening something violent, but more whistle blowing on this conspiracy.

much more to his comments than that.

i believe he was saying that he is not sure they could do this and if "his youngest son" is also killed, he will be assured that this is an inside job. i don't think he was threatening something violent, but more whistle blowing on this conspiracy.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boston-bomb-suspects-dad-tells-son-surrender-hell/story?id=18995936#.UXGJ4LVg_4U

im not arguing, just i heard a blurp from 1030 radio in boston.  hard to tell....

i don't understand how he was able to just drive off and no one followed him.

Depending on what reports are true he may have been dropping grenades out the window to elude his chasers, which could explain why there weren't 50 cops on his ass to the point where his moves were spied in detail and they could only set up a perimeter to keep him contained until they could control the situation.

Can someone fill me in one something that im confused about. From what i understand was that there was a shootout betwee the brothers and cops as they were driving? Is this true? If so how did the cops get the one brother if everyone was driving?

They were stopped during this gunfight and the brother that died may have had an IED go off too close to him. Then the brother that is still on the run either got back in the car or got in another car and drove away.

That's what I've gathered from the pieces.

Ahh okay. I couldnt tell if they were stopped during the shootout or if it while they were on the run becasue i kept hearing about explosive devices being thrown out the window while they were driving. Alright I think I have everything straight and I am caught up. This is fucking nuts. I am trying to think of somethign to compare this to and I got nothing.

and from what I have gathered I have to say kudos to the uncle for being a fucking man and calling his nephew out unlike the aunt who was rambling on about bullshit. I liked that the uncle went around his street to apologize for the chaos and circus show that has been brought on to their part of the neighborhood. again kudos to him.

Ahh okay. I couldnt tell if they were stopped during the shootout or if it while they were on the run becasue i kept hearing about explosive devices being thrown out the window while they were driving. Alright I think I have everything straight and I am caught up. This is fucking nuts. I am trying to think of somethign to compare this to and I got nothing.

The North Hollywood shootout -- bank robbers in swat gear with the highest powered automatic rifles. Normal cop ammo couldn't touch them. Bullets tore right through cop cars being used for cover and cop body armor. No one was ready for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

But that only lasted about 45 minutes...not half a day.

The North Hollywood shootout -- bank robbers in swat gear with the highest powered automatic rifles. Normal cop ammo couldn't touch them. Bullets tore right through cop cars being used for cover and cop body armor. No one was ready for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

But that only lasted about 45 minutes...not half a day.

My favorite part of the North Hollywood shootout story:

"In October 1993, Phillips and Mătăsăreanu were arrested in Glendale, northeast of Los Angeles, California, for speeding.  A subsequent search of their vehicle—after Phillips surrendered with a concealed weapon—found two semi-automatic rifles, two handguns, more than 1,600 rounds of 7.62×39mm rifle ammunition, 1,200 rounds of 9×19mm Parabellum and .45 ACP handgun ammunition, radio scanners, smoke bombs, improvised explosive devices, body armor vests, and three different California licence plates. Initially charged with conspiracy to commit robbery, both served one hundred days in jail and were placed on three years' probation.[13] After their release, most of their seized property was returned to them."

And then they went on commit the infamous shootout a few years later.  I'll never forget being in high school and hearing Adam Carolla go on many a tirade about this on Loveline.  It sounds too fucking ridiculous to be true, but it's not.

Red Sox game cancelled for tonight.

been waiting for that announcement all day.

a co-worker is going to tomorrow's game, and i'm super jealous. the bruins scene was one thing, but i expect fenway to be some next level shit.