10 Things NOT To Do With Your Vinyl Records

Although I know oil from your hands on the records is not a good thing. I still hate those record people who freak the fuck out if your hand grazes against the record at all. They get all, "HEY! What are you doing? Don't touch it!"

How are you supposed to take it out and play it without ever actually touching it?

I just wanted you guys to know I recently sold an OOP record that goes for a moderate price. The buyer messaged me the other day saying, "JUST CAME IN THE MAIL! THANKS! CAN'T WAIT TO FRAME IT!"

It made me smile to think about the butthurt it would cause a lot of record collectors to know this.

Easy solution (are you guys baiting me, cause I made a post about this when I first joined).

Use bags with sealable flaps. Seal the flap over the opposite end of the spine. They're practically invisible.

1. what makes you think it was directed at you?

2. any sleeve put on sideways would achieve this.

You have a sense of humor for making this thread, but it is rather limited by your biased expectations.

I know this sounded smart in your head, but it makes absolutely no sense. Can someone interpret for me?

1. what makes you think it was directed at you?

2. any sleeve put on sideways would achieve this.

I know this sounded smart in your head, but it makes absolutely no sense. Can someone interpret for me?

"You have a sense of humor for making this thread, but it is rather limited by your biased expectations."

*translated*

It is with sagacity for comicalness that has led you to create this internet message board posting. But to a certain extent, it is inadequate and its foundation is rooted in your pejorative and discriminative impression of me.

"You have a sense of humor for making this thread, but it is rather limited by your biased expectations."

*translated*

It is with sagacity for comicalness that has led you to create this internet message board posting. But to a certain extent, it is inadequate and its foundation is rooted in your pejorative and discriminative impression of me.

thank you.

also the original post had nothing to do with mombeams. he's crazy.

Moonbeams how is the shill bidding coming?

Moonbeams how is the shill bidding coming?

I quit, apologized and went legit. But things are great, thanks for asking. Love pising off pretentious assholes. It feels productive to give them something to do with their time. But the level of obsession you guys have over me is getting creepy. You should tone it down. I let no one here occupy my thoughts and time when I'm not browsing a message board. Which isn't very enjoyable these days, btw.

Without touching it at all? Do tell, how does that go?

Without touching any of the grooves? That's simple. I may get a bit of my palm on the lead-in sometimes, but that's it.

1. Hold record in sleeve.

2. Place edge of (other hand's) palm at edge of record.

3. Tilt record near vertically, with open edge facing down in palm

4. With other hand, start removing the record sleeve. Stop once part of the inner label is out of the sleeve.

5. Place a couple fingers from your palmed hand on the inner label.

6. Remove sleeve.

You now should be holding the record, with your palm on the edge of it, and your fingers on the inner label. No grooves being touched. Then just handle it by the edges after that with two hands.

Not trying to be a dick with the step-by-step instructions, you just asked how I can do that and I can't think of any other way to explain it.

Without touching any of the grooves? That's simple. I may get a bit of my palm on the lead-in sometimes, but that's it.

1. Hold record in sleeve.

2. Place edge of (other hand's) palm at edge of record.

3. Tilt record near vertically, with open edge facing down in palm

4. With other hand, start removing the record sleeve. Stop once part of the inner label is out of the sleeve.

5. Place a couple fingers from your palmed hand on the inner label.

6. Remove sleeve.

You now should be holding the record, with your palm on the edge of it, and your fingers on the inner label. No grooves being touched. Then just handle it by the edges after that with two hands.

Not trying to be a dick with the step-by-step instructions, you just asked how I can do that and I can't think of any other way to explain it.

:) Let's just assume that I've been into records for longer than five minutes. Good. Okay, so if I'm reasonable and most people are, I would assume that most people know not to touch the grooves. Here was my original statement that other dude said "very carefully" to:

Although I know oil from your hands on the records is not a good thing. I still hate those record people who freak the fuck out if your hand grazes against the record at all. They get all, "HEY! What are you doing? Don't touch it!"

How are you supposed to take it out and play it without ever actually touching it?

The question was more rhetorical than anything else.