Local Bands That Need To Get Pressed

I second Folly on wax. 

Treebeard from Kansas City need some attention, they don't even have their EP on physical CD yet let alone vinyl.

Here in Austin, most bands already press vinyl early on so we dont really have that problem.

I would say Trophy Scars (jersey) need to press more of their records but it seems like they're already on top of it.

HUGE range of bands for you:

Transit (hip-hop):

Current Swell (west coast indie rock):

Northern (instrumental post-rock/metal):

http://northernbc.bandcamp.com/track/iv

Kincaide (screamo/pre-metal-core):

http://www.myspace.com/kincaide/music/songs/hang-your-teeth-27092684 IF YOU ONLY CLICK ON ONE PICK THIS ONE

Measureless (harecore/post-hardcore):

VonBones (female-fronted metal/horror-core):

Villains (party/deathcore):

Unicron (female fronted deathcore):

This is Courtney LaPlante who went on to replace the singer from iwrestledabearonce

I second Folly on wax.

Treebeard from Kansas City need some attention, they don't even have their EP on physical CD yet let alone vinyl.

Here in Austin, most bands already press vinyl early on so we dont really have that problem.

I would say Trophy Scars (jersey) need to press more of their records but it seems like they're already on top of it.

Trophy Scars inspired this. I bought three of the "Goodnight Alchemy" records today. One for me and the others are for members of this forum who weren't sure if they could obtain them. Some of these DIY albums have more heart than big productions. I'm hoping to be exposed to more of that in the future.

Anterrabae "Shakedown Tonight" maybe?

2d4784.jpg

Maybe? this times 5000000 definitely definitely definitely fuck yes.

Actually, if triple crown or somebody else doesn't do this, I promised myself that once I start a label and have a few releases under my belt, I would attempt to license this. I have wanted to see this on vinyl since I was like, fucking 12 haha.

I have big plans for this. Big, big plans. Call it a reissue done right. Hopefully I actually can do it.

Next year is the 10th anniversary, so lets see what that brings.

I'm from North Jersey. I grew up seeing bands like this one play local venues. What are some bands from your area that you'd like to see pressed on vinyl? My ultimate is Folly "Insanity Later"! What are some local acts from your area that need to get pressed?

az6kgz.jpg

I'VE WANTED THIS PRESSED FOREVER!!!

WOULD BUY TEN

There are a few labels here that do press smaller local bands (see my first release, and Collective Confusions last release). The only problem is not many people check it out and buy it. There's not much demand and as a consequence ends up costing a ton of money.

THIS. You guys could all start by checking out links posted on here that contain bands you've never heard of.

There are a few labels here that do press smaller local bands (see my first release, and Collective Confusions last release). The only problem is not many people check it out and buy it. There's not much demand and as a consequence ends up costing a ton of money.

Yes, BUT....

When a label goes out on a limb to release something unknown it really is a gamble.  If you had a co-op that pays up front enough to cover the cost of a half dozen SMALL RUN releases, and then they vote on which releases they are, no one looses money.  I'd be willing to pay into something like that, even if it wasn't my pick that made it through.

Yes, BUT....

When a label goes out on a limb to release something unknown it really is a gamble.  If you had a co-op that pays up front enough to cover the cost of a half dozen SMALL RUN releases, and then they vote on which releases they are, no one looses money.  I'd be willing to pay into something like that, even if it wasn't my pick that made it through.

It's def a risk, and one I happily took. And yeah I think a co-op of this sort would be cool, but look up the feedband.com thread that was posted a few days ago. it's basically the same idea and it was universally shot down. I'd love to see more new/unheard of bands be pressed, and as long as I can afford to do so that's what I will do, I just don't expect a huge response here.