PO: Arrows in her & Gifts 10" Split (Ships in July)

Arrows In Her and Gifts recently finished recording new material which we are happy to announced will be featured on at 10" Split. Pre-orders are now available, and set to be out in July on vinyl and in May 1st, digitally. Both bands have matured their sound and are building up a lot of promise for their future material. Arrows In Her previously put out a 10" EP on Glass Nail Records entitled "leaving." And Gifts recently put out a Self Titled EP on Atlas Records.

This is a preorder!
Digital Download Emailed Out May 1st, 2013!
Expected to ship July, 2013!

Pre-Order - http://meadowbrookrecords.limitedrun.com/products/514217-arrows-in-her-gifts-10-split

Stream - http://propertyofzack.com/post/48945863918/poz-stream-arrows-in-her-gifts-split

• 2 months later...

from a post i got on apnet from one of the guys in arrows in her:

forgot i made this. so. meadowbrook records is in the middle of taking over the pressing of leaving. (aswell as tawny peaks LP)
kenneth from glassnail really dropped the ball, made us look like assholes and essentially extorted people and us.
meadowbrook is doing this with slim profits and we are essentially forfeiting any profit on the ep just to make sure it ACTUALLY comes out. im so sorry to everyone who has been waiting and we are going to find a way to make up for the absurd wait. as far as i know test presses should be in shortly. meadowbrook will be sending out an email with all the specifics.

This kenneth aka glass nail guy is such an asshole!!!! I ordered both versions of the arrows in her and a full pack of gatherer 7" incl. Test way back in november last year, but this fucker keep telling much shit about pressing delays, manufacturing errors and so on... Seems like a city of gold story part 2 :(

After a lot of emails and asking i found this little sucker on fb. After many requests he told me that it won't work out and that a refund isn't possible due to the fact that the records were preorder...

Therefore i won't buy any arrows in her nor gatherer record again. Sorry for the bands but not sorry for being careful spending my money.

Just my 5 cents...

This kenneth aka glass nail guy is such an asshole!!!! I ordered both versions of the arrows in her and a full pack of gatherer 7" incl. Test way back in november last year, but this fucker keep telling much shit about pressing delays, manufacturing errors and so on... Seems like a city of gold story part 2 :(

After a lot of emails and asking i found this little sucker on fb. After many requests he told me that it won't work out and that a refund isn't possible due to the fact that the records were preorder...

Therefore i won't buy any arrows in her nor gatherer record again. Sorry for the bands but not sorry for being careful spending my money.

Just my 5 cents...

From my understanding, Arrows In Her are shipping everything out themselves. I'd get in touch with them and I'm sure they'd be happy to help out in any way. I get that you're frustrated, but the bands got screwed, too. This guy got caught up in some stuff and was in over his head, but don't take it out on the bands, though. They had nothing to do with this, other than unfortunately getting caught up in the mess as well.

• 1 month later...

So now Meadowbrook Records is closing down shop too. Arrows In Her and Tawny Peaks are having some shitty luck with their label choices.

Meadowbrook said they will be finishing up their last couple of releases. The AIH/Gifts split is now supposed to ship in September, and based on the final pictures of the TP LP on the Pirates Press site it should be in soon.

I pre ordered the arrows in her from glass nail and was always confused if Meadowbrook was going to honor those orders. I loved that ep they did, offered to put it out myself and put up the cash and do no po until it was in hand since the beatles were delaying everything. they went with Glass Nail. Good intentions mean little and Kenneth fucked a lot of decent people. i think arrows have some awesome potential and i really want them to get a good break. New labels that base their business on pre orders instead of existing capital are a scourge on this scene and a band that had an awesome ep has essentially sat unreleased for a year.

• 3 months later...

Arrows in Her "Leaving" is 100% being pressed. Pre-Orders will be honored. I may or may not have something to do with it. An official thread will be coming when the time is right.

I will need to get that. This split should be in people's hands by now bc it was on pirates press rotw weeks ago.... Yet I still don't have mine.

Arrows in Her "Leaving" is 100% being pressed. Pre-Orders will be honored. I may or may not have something to do with it. An official thread will be coming when the time is right. 

so you are the unnamed guy that approached them and offered to help them get it pressed?

also, i've been waiting on the split forever, they said they are shipping them out (soon?) if i remember correctly.

These guys are awesome. I pre-ordered their ep "leaving." about a year ago, but I'm remaining faithful. They just sent them off to be pressed I believe. They're honoring all pre-orders with a free cassette tape. I did not preorder the split, but the guys don't live far from me and I'm trying to pick one up soon. 

The whole story will come out but it boils down to this:

1. I thought about doing a Jersey-Centric label (Lost Shore) for new bands about 15 months back. I approached these guys as the first release but they went with Glass Nail. I really wanted to do this and was going to put up 100% of the money. 

2. Life got crazy for me as many of you know and that idea was put aside as my personal and professional life went in opposite directions.

3. The Glass Nail bit fell apart obviously.

4. I really like these guys and felt they deserved a good break so I went back to them and asked if I could help them out. No strings attached.

5. I can make $0 on the first pressing. This is me coming in to help a band I like set things right and essentially retake ownership of their music. If I was hoping to launch a business the model I set up is a monetary failure for sure but hopefully folks will recognize the good intentions and the fact that I helped get something out that should have been finished 10 months ago.

6. I have no Idea if I will do another release ever or if I will even assist in a 2nd press. This is solely me reaching out to some folks that to me needed a hand and I was in a position to do it. I pre-ordered "Leaving" as well and the first point of our agreement was that all Pre-Orders had to be honored even if it meant the band would see nothing in terms of revenue on the pressing. The band and a friend at another label are assisting in all aspects of this release. I am more of a driving force and backer on it. 

Finally, yes, this is now a one-sided 12". I personally thought it was a better idea and it also made more sense economically as right now the band and I need to eat the expense on those pre-orders. Trust me, this isn't a business decision, it is one from a bunch of music lovers trying to figure a way out of a hole and get what I think is some truly excellent, passionate music out there. These guys can do whatever they want with these recordings once we sell-out the first pressing. 

A full thread with the whole story will come out when the time is right gang. I think this band is terrific and with the right break can really attract a following. They've been buried for over a year by a label that made poor choices, despite good intentions, and they've suffered to blowback as unjustified as that is. 

The whole story will come out but it boils down to this:

1. I thought about doing a Jersey-Centric label (Lost Shore) for new bands about 15 months back. I approached these guys as the first release but they went with Glass Nail. I really wanted to do this and was going to put up 100% of the money. 

2. Life got crazy for me as many of you know and that idea was put aside as my personal and professional life went in opposite directions.

3. The Glass Nail bit fell apart obviously.

4. I really like these guys and felt they deserved a good break so I went back to them and asked if I could help them out. No strings attached.

5. I can make $0 on the first pressing. This is me coming in to help a band I like set things right and essentially retake ownership of their music. If I was hoping to launch a business the model I set up is a monetary failure for sure but hopefully folks will recognize the good intentions and the fact that I helped get something out that should have been finished 10 months ago.

6. I have no Idea if I will do another release ever or if I will even assist in a 2nd press. This is solely me reaching out to some folks that to me needed a hand and I was in a position to do it. I pre-ordered "Leaving" as well and the first point of our agreement was that all Pre-Orders had to be honored even if it meant the band would see nothing in terms of revenue on the pressing. The band and a friend at another label are assisting in all aspects of this release. I am more of a driving force and backer on it. 

Finally, yes, this is now a one-sided 12". I personally thought it was a better idea and it also made more sense economically as right now the band and I need to eat the expense on those pre-orders. Trust me, this isn't a business decision, it is one from a bunch of music lovers trying to figure a way out of a hole and get what I think is some truly excellent, passionate music out there. These guys can do whatever they want with these recordings once we sell-out the first pressing. 

A full thread with the whole story will come out when the time is right gang. I think this band is terrific and with the right break can really attract a following. They've been buried for over a year by a label that made poor choices, despite good intentions, and they've suffered to blowback as unjustified as that is. 

thank you for being an awesome person

seriously though right after i heard Leaving the first time i ordered a copy of it (or thought i did ;) )

it really is a great record

I agree. I got the free download and heard people putting everything had into something. It reminded me of why this music first grabbed me when I was a kid. It was that instant connection that made me reach out to them well over a year ago and why a year later when they were stuck I was still willing to help. I seriously want people to have this record and for it to get out from under the negativity surrounding it currently. We are getting there and I'm hoping that folks will discover this band and hear/feel what I do.