(The) Melvins Live @ Third Man Records (& Favor Asked)

OK. I rarely ask for any favors on VC but this is a biggie. It's no secret that I am a big Melvins fan. So it seems The Melvins are playing at playing at TMR on 5/30 and the performance will be recorded direct-to-acetate and anyone attending w/ ticket will get a voucher for a dual color version of the live album. Regular versions of the album will be on on black. 

So here's my plea and offer. Is anyone able to go, does usually go to, to TMR and willing and able to hook me up? I will reimburse you for not only the dual color version of the live album but even your ticket to the show! Anyone, please get at me on this. 

Here is the link for tix for the show:

http://thirdmanstore...ird-man-records

I feel silly pleading like this, but I fuckin' love The Melvins. And I'd like to think I'm a good dude. I think. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is the first time in my years on VC that no one came through. But I don't blame anyone. The Melvins fanbase here is somewhat minimal plus no one who lives near TMR who would've gone to that show.

If and when the actual live dual-color LP comes out, it will obviously be another crapshoot to get one in mail order or if they sell it at TMR, asking someone to pick one up for me.

• 2 weeks later...

If and when the actual live dual-color LP comes out, it will obviously be another crapshoot to get one in mail order or if they sell it at TMR, asking someone to pick one up for me.

They do not sell the black & blues in store and they are not in random orders either.  If you didn't pre-order one then you'll have to rely on the 2nd hand market or hope some end up in the next refresh-a-thon they do  for left over stock.

This is the first time in my years on VC that no one came through. But I don't blame anyone. The Melvins fanbase here is somewhat minimal plus no one who lives near TMR who would've gone to that show.

I tried to help, but my proxies were flaky. Or at least the one who said he'd be free that night. I had three people say they had to work that night or had other commitments. =/

They do not sell the black & blues in store and they are not in random orders either.  If you didn't pre-order one then you'll have to rely on the 2nd hand market or hope some end up in the next refresh-a-thon they do  for left over stock.

sometimes they send out a few random mail if they have extras. but you have to get extremely lucky. i got a cold war kids one like that. also, sometimes they'll send some to a band's hometown record store.

• 2 months later...