VC Cooperative Label Details,Buy in date announced

Guest admin1338560633

I think it will mellow out. The only people who are going to buy shares are those who are generally interested otherwise they're not going to "waste" (their words not mine) their money. So once the shareholders are all lined up in a row they should all be ready to crank out the first release.

Will there be arguments? Yeah. I think that some of us are adults though so it should get straightened out pretty quickly.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Admin

and on the topic of represses, represses can be considered and put up for nomination/voting like any other release. If it gets voted in and the label is ok with a 2nd pressing, the shareholders will again get a copy of the pressing.

thanks for everyone's excitement. This should be fun.

represses are ok I guess, but I think they are only smart, if the 1st press sold out really really fast. That way, we're sure the next could be fast too. Apart from that, I would hope to see a different album next.

And even though this is my first post here, I'd like to ask a weird question. I don't really feel good about asking it, but I would like to know the answer to it, as I'm seriously considering entering this. If at anytime this project stops, for any given reason, would the shareholders get the remaining records and/or funds? I hope I didn't offend anyone by asking this.

Guest Admin
represses are ok I guess, but I think they are only smart, if the 1st press sold out really really fast. That way, we're sure the next could be fast too. Apart from that, I would hope to see a different album next.

And even though this is my first post here, I'd like to ask a weird question. I don't really feel good about asking it, but I would like to know the answer to it, as I'm seriously considering entering this. If at anytime this project stops, for any given reason, would the shareholders get the remaining records and/or funds? I hope I didn't offend anyone by asking this.

what do you mean remaining records or funds? If the project ends, there will be no funds refunded. Your $60 will get you how ever many records are pressed. If it looks like the project might end with remaining records, the idea is that they can continue to sell and if more money comes in, more records can be pressed.

So basically the label will never end?

EDIT: I think hes basically asking what would happen if we got to the point where there were 500 unsellable records laying around and like $1500 (not enough for another pressing) and everyone decided to throw in the towel? Is it even possibly for the shareholders to do this, or is only up to you (Virgil)?

As long as records sell we'll move forward.

And if that doesn't happen? What happens to the remaining money/records?

i dont quite understand what you are asking, especially when it comes to the remaining records.

i would guess that if the label doesnt work, but there are still records out there slowly selling that the money made from those would either go into vinyl collective or suburban home

As long as records sell we'll move forward.

And if that doesn't happen? What happens to the remaining money/records?

Well the label won't stop if there's remaining money, it'll press more records. I assume you mean remaining as in not enough for a record but more than $1 per person? That specific scenario I can't speak to.

There will be no remaining records though, just records to be sold. I would assume if they sell it would allow for the pressing of an additional record.

some people got the idea what I was asking. Although I wouldn't want this project to stop, there is a slight chance it could (by any given reason). And in that case, there would be at least 12.000 USD of records and funds somewhere.

You're talking about it stopping before it ever started, in that case I would imagine it would be quite simple, everyone would get refunds.

no im not saying that. gosh.

ok lets say 200 people sign up and pay. Virgil makes 4 records, they sell out, he makes another 4, they sell out, when he makes the 3rd batch, let's say no one buys em. there's 12.000 usd in records somewhere. they remain unsold for 2 years. there still are 12.000 usd in records. get it?

I'm not saying that that's the way it will be, I sure hope not, and I'm pretty sure it won't go like that.

But something might happen to stop the process. It's not that I'm pessimistic, I would just like to know, if there's any idea what could happen if it went like this.

okay, got yah. uh, i'd imagine we'd all get our records and if they never sold then we'd have no more money from which to press more records. basically what would happen if any business had no money and a bunch of stock. you just hope you can sell what you've got to raise more money to do more stuff.