VC "Greater Than Collective" Fantasy Football Thread

Brady possibly injured???!!!! It's tebow time!!!!! Number one pick!!!!!

I'm sure this mornings prayer went something like this.

Dear God, thank you for letting me have another birthday as an NFL quarterback. Love always - Timmy

Dear Timmy, happy birthday! I got you a little something. I know, I know. You told me to stop after Christmas 2011 but its cool, it's not the playoffs and his wife's a model. See you Sunday- God

I'm sure this mornings prayer went something like this.

Dear God, thank you for letting me have another birthday as an NFL quarterback. Love always - Timmy

Dear Timmy, happy birthday! I got you a little something. I know, I know. You told me to stop after Christmas 2011 but its cool, it's not the playoffs and his wife's a model. See you Sunday- God

"@seangentille: Tim Tebow's pact with King Satan, Master of the Dark Arts, has been most fruitful this afternoon."

best tweet I saw about this.

herp a derp (Mike T)

Password is Taco (chefchino)

Thunder Gun Express (thebiglebowski)

tried to figure out who paid based on email addresses from people were tricky for a couple, but i believe the above listed are the only ones with unpaid league dues.  if you did pay and i listed you, just PM what email address your paypal handle is under.

offense

passing

passing tds = 4 pts

interceptions = -1 pts

passing yards = 25 yards/1 pt

rushing

rushing td = 6 pts

rushing yards = 10 yards/1 pt

receiving

receiving tds = 6 pts

receiving yards = 10 yards/1 pt

kick & punt returning

return td = 6 pts

misc

2-point conversion = 2 pts

fumbles lost = -2 pts

offensive fumble return td = 6 pts

kickers

fg 0-39 yards = 3 pts

fg 40-49 yards = 4 pts

fg 50+ yards = 5 pts

pat made = 1 pt

d/st

points allowed 0 = 10 pts

points allowed 1-6 = 8 pts

points allowed 7-13 = 6 pts

points allowed 14-20 = 4 pts

points allowed 21-27 =2 pts

points allowed 28-34 = 0 pts

points allowed 35+ = -2 pts

interception = 2 pts

fumble recovery = 2 pts

td = 6 pts

safety = 2 pts

kickoff/punt return tds = 6 pts

sack = 1 pt

bonuses

passing yards (bonus 1) = 300 yards = 2 points

passing yards (bonus 2) = 400 yards = 3 points

passing yards (bonus 3) = 500 yards = 4 points

rushing yards (bonus 1) = 100 yards = 2 points

rushing yards (bonus 2) = 150 yards = 3 points

rushing yards (bonus 3) = 200 yards = 4 points

reception yards (bonus 1) = 100 yards = 2 points

reception yards (bonus 2) = 150 yards = 3 points

reception yards (bonus 3) = 200 yards = 4 points

fractional points - yes

negative points - yes

so if someone gets 200 yards, do they only get 4 points, or do they get points for 100, 150 and 200 yards?  that was an issue a few years ago in a league I did that had bonus points set up.  one guys team was complete crap except for Randy Moss, and he was in the playoffs because of that 50 TD season.  thats my issue with doing any bonus points.  has it changed where it'll award only one bonus point amount?

I'm not a big fan of bonus points.  A player who does well already gets a ton of points, why should they get more?  But that could just be me.  If we do them, though, it should be the way Mike described it.

Also thank god for fractional points.  I got so tired of playing in leagues where I'd have several players with yardage ending in a 9 in some weeks.

so if someone gets 200 yards, do they only get 4 points, or do they get points for 100, 150 and 200 yards?  that was an issue a few years ago in a league I did that had bonus points set up.  one guys team was complete crap except for Randy Moss, and he was in the playoffs because of that 50 TD season.  thats my issue with doing any bonus points.  has it changed where it'll award only one bonus point amount?

as of now, the most bonus you could get is 9 bonus points on top of the regular scoring, but thats only if you hit 200 plus yards receiving. should i change to a 100, 1, 150, 2, 200, 3 with the most bonus being 5 max that way?

I'm not in these league but in the past I've done it that way. One bonus per position at a significant milestone. If a QB throws for 400+ or a RB has 3 TDs or something. That way you get a little bump for an extraordinary performance but it doesn't have drastic implications, like making a mediocre QB on a team with no running game more valuable. 

I'll let you guys settle it, just keep me updated so I can alter our scoring.