Anyone want to juice with me?

I won't do a cleanse with you, but for like 3 years now, I've started every day with a fresh glass of juice. Combining sales, coupons, and my employee discount, I managed to get a $400 juicer for under $60, and its still running like the day I got it.

The only hassle about it is cleaning it after every use, though its rather routine at this point.

Mine is easy enough to clean, I guess it's the drying that really gets me. I hand dry it, as I don't have the counter space or a drying rack big enough for all the pieces. It's a pain trying to dry the "mouth" of the thing, for a lack of proper terminology. For the most part, cleaning is just rinsing under water (scrubbing the blades/screens).

I'm starting this tomorrow. I'll start a new thread with daily updates on my personal fast for anyone that cares. I've had green juice for breakfast yesterday and today, and it was much better today than it was yesterday. 

Tomorrow will be measurements day. I also have officially done away with caffeine. Today I had a 12 ounce soda with lunch. That's it. I thought that would be the hardest part of the fast. Now I know the truth. Beer (or lack there-of) will be the hardest part.

The connection between caffeine and insulin is tenuous:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/511630-caffeine-insulin/

And the general idea of most modern diets (like juicing) is to control insulin levels, not have giant spikes followed by lulls (ie the "food coma" your body goes into after eating lots of sugar or simple carbs).

So yeah, kicking soda completely and drinking beer in moderation will go a long way. But my point is -- nothing wrong with having a cup of coffee in the morning, as long as you don't drink the whole pot. There's a lot of health benefit in coffee.

Mitchard - 

Why you prefer blending, dawg?

Mainly the content. Its more of a meal, though I know thats not the goal people are going for when juicing. Depending on what you are using, you are potentially losing a lot of good stuff when you juice. Juicing never felt like I was getting much from it. A loaded smoothie in the morning wakes me up better than an energy drink. 

Fiber is a big one. The fiber you keep eliminates the potential spikes in blood sugar you can have from juicing. Plus all of the other obvious benefits of fiber in the diet. 

I drink a couple (generally green) smoothies a day usually. I went all out and invested in a Blendtec a few months back, and I love it. Worth every penny. That things murders any fruits and veggies I throw in there. Plus I make some good soup and ice cream in there :D