The " I couldnt find a photography thread, so i made one" thread

That's awesome!

I just got back from Wildwood, NJ visiting a friend.  I had never been there before (I'm from Point Pleasant, so I never justified leaving a beach town to drive two hours to go to a beach town) and it was pretty cool to photograph.  I'll post some images once I finish editing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Have to bump this thread I just bought Dashax's old camera and am most likely going to have some questions.  It's actually more camera than I was planning on getting but the price was to good to pass up.  In the mean time I'm just trying to mess around with it and get myself a little bit more comfortable.  It's been years since I've had anything but a simple point and shoot.

used too.

her nice way of saying it was her beginners camera and that it just doesnt do it for her now. ;)

its a good camera! haha i had it too! still takes great photos, i had the 30D and then bought a used 40D when i was school

I dont have either of them anymore. newer cams just offered more stuff and had what i needed. 

full frame mmm. but cropped sensors are nice esp with shooting with long glass. the 7D produce great images and thats all i used when working for the sox. my 200m 2.8 was now a 320mm 2.8. they all win!

the canon 30-40D's are perfect cameras. great to start out on too. i just love how easy it is to move around the software with canon....how the grip is. etc.

i like the use of CF cards as opposed to SD cards too.

i also have a theory that at least 4 ouf of 10 people's first car was a chevy cavalier.

the canon 30-40D's are perfect cameras. great to start out on too. i just love how easy it is to move around the software with canon....how the grip is. etc.

i like the use of CF cards as opposed to SD cards too.

i also have a theory that at least 4 ouf of 10 people's first car was a chevy cavalier.

I, too, prefer CF cards.  I have a few Olympus cameras that take SD and I feel weird about it.

One of my best friends in high school started out with a Dodge Neon.  It soon crapped out.  Her next purchase?  Chevy Cavalier.  It's practically the same damn car!

so i hate printing... anyone know a site where i can upload my full res files and not deal with printing, shipping and packing and set up a store... i hope its clear what im asking,haha.

printing sucks! i always ordered mine from mpix.com. used them all throughout nesop and for my final. cheap, fast and good quality. as for a store with them?....i dont think so.

cant you make a store on smugmug?

I used to work for a store that hosted online printing services and a store front for "pro" photographers.  The only reason why I am mentioning this is because the guy who is the in house printer there is SPOT ON.  It's all custom.  I hated working there and I hate going there but I will always get my stuff printed by them.  They ship too. It's like $10/month or $100/year.

They offer a discount or "pro pricing" so you can set your own prices and not have to worry about covering your own expenses.