Epitaph Records - this is an intervention

Punk-o-Rama 2 was fucking AWESOME but it also had DFL and Voodoo Glow Skulls on it. Case in point, sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad.

Punk-o-Rama 2 was fucking AWESOME but it also had DFL and Voodoo Glow Skulls on it. Case in point, sometimes you just gotta take the good with the bad.

Yeah I mean there's not many labels where I'm going to love every single release, and I would never assume that I would with a label as large as Epitaph. Sure they've changed what they're putting out but I feel like they're a business first and they have to out the terrible stuff or what we consider terrible to get to release the stuff we actually like. Just because they're a huge label doesn't mean they can't and won't go under in a heartbeat.

I grew up listening to all the Epitaph bands and sure, now they have a ton of bands I personally am not a fan of but guess what....I just dont listen to the stuff I dont care for. It's pretty easy to do and the label still has tons of awesome bands and those bands seem to really like being on Epitaph. Like this article says, they are a well-oiled machine and they know what they are doing and do a great job supporting their bands as far as I can tell. I dont blame them at all for branching out from the punk stuff they were known for putting out. At the end of the day they are a business and if they dont make money they stop putting out albums.

Oh and that latest Bring Me the Horizon album absolutely fucking rules, I dont care what anyone says.

I liked their previous album better, but the new one is pretty good.  Their music is catchy. 

The "intervention" format of the article was cringe worthy so I quit reading. I don't know why I follow jaded punk(hulk) on twitter. some articles/posts are funny, but it seems if it's not that certain niche of 80/90s hardcore/punk than it's garbage. But I guess that's the point of "jaded punk"