Anyone want to do Insanity with me?

Is anyone doing the diet? Hows that going for you?

I'm a skinny fucker,so I'm keeping my caloric intake down to what its supposed to be [trying to lose the fat and plan to eventually turn it to muscle] but just eating normal food. If that doesn't seem to work, I plan on going full force

Is anyone doing the diet? Hows that going for you? I'm a skinny fucker,so I'm keeping my caloric intake down to what its supposed to be [trying to lose the fat and plan to eventually turn it to muscle] but just eating normal food. If that doesn't seem to work, I plan on going full force

i am dieting but not the insanity way.  i am just watching what i eat, drink and portion size.

also i want to get a protien drink for after the workouts.  what are you guys doing?  i have read some articles on how lowfat chocolate milk is a gread recovery drink.  might give that a shot

Start of week 3 fit test done! Feels good to improve a little.

Switch Kicks: 40 > 53 (+13)

Power Jacks: 40 > 47 (+7)

Power Knees: 68 > 83 (+15)

Power Jumps: 27 > 34 (+7)

Globe Jumps: 7 > 10 (+3)

Suicide Jumps: 12 > 15 (+3)

Push-up Jacks: 17 > 27 (+10)

Low Plank Oblique: 27 > 39 (+12)

I dunno, felt like I was going faster than the dude in the video when I was doing the power jumps but he apparently ended up with way more than me! But man, that girl in the videos is insanely fit

i am dieting but not the insanity way.  i am just watching what i eat, drink and portion size.

also i want to get a protien drink for after the workouts.  what are you guys doing?  i have read some articles on how lowfat chocolate milk is a gread recovery drink.  might give that a shot

No special dieting here either. I do try to eat after the workout though. I made some fresh fruit popsicles, but I also like having a piece of toast with peanut butter and a banana post workout. Looks like the chocolate milk would be a great protein shake substitute. I may try that since the month 2 workouts are longer and probably more intense than month 1.

Yesterday was my first day of Month 2. Wowzers! A fit test and a 60 minute intense workout. It feels like week 1 of Month 1 all over again. I am more sore today then I have been throughout this whole process. Still improved on my fit test too, which is surprising because I barely had any energy since I only got 4 hours of sleep the night before (thanks to the O'Brother show).

Oh, and I decided to buy some ovaltine for a post workout drink. I felt like I was going to die yesterday, but the chocolate milk about 45 minutes after finishing the workout made my body feel better. I decided on ovaltine since it has no artificial ingredients and had more nutritional value than the leading organic chocolate milk at the grocery store. I always buy a gallon of organic low fat milk anyway, so this will save money too. 

Hope you guys are enjoying your week of recovery! I am missing it now...

The worst part about it is the fact that you do the cool down after cardio then warm up again with the abs.

goddamn that abs shit was hard as fuck.  pretty sure after all this is said and done that i am going to do that one more frequently.

also i find myself taking more breaks then when i started but i am also working alot harder with good ass form.  i am hoping to do that warm up with out stopping.

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I have been cheating on my Month 2 workouts. Oops  :wacko:

I still do the workouts and I am sweating like crazy, but sometimes I will skip the last 20 minutes and go to the cool down then do some abs exercises afterwards. I'm still doing 40+ minutes of the workout, but geeze this shit is hard!!! I am sure I will pick it back up and do the full 60 minute workout, but for now I'm just taking it day by day. No giving up!!!

I'm not going to sugar coat it. I have been cheating on my Month 2 workouts. Oops  :wacko:

I still do the workouts and I am sweating like crazy, but sometimes I will skip the last 20 minutes and go to the cool down then do some abs exercises afterwards. I'm still doing 40+ minutes of the workout, but geeze this shit is hard!!! I am sure I will pick it back up and do the full 60 minute workout, but for now I'm just taking it day by day. No giving up!!!

damn so they go to 60 minutes huh.  keep at it, you haven't gone this far to stop now.  today really killed me.  i had plyo cardio(day 16) after a day of rest and a fit test and it just seemed like i took a step back.  i was very tired and it took me to the 3rd session of the warm up to start feeling good again.  i will post fit test numbers later.  i have definitely seen improvements in my appearance and have lost around 10 pounds so far.

also does anyones calves and knees hurt like a motherfucker.  i mean there is a ton of of movement with the legs but damn.  it's a bitch to walk down stairs sometimes...haha.

So I did the full 60 minutes of the max cardio plyo, but I fucked up my right shoulder blade/neck area. Strained it or something, but after 6 + weeks of this stuff and this is what I get?!?!

Gotta be careful doing some of the crazy moves they give you in Month 2, it had to have been the side push ups, squat push ups, or the V-push ups. I didn't even feel it until I was trying to go to sleep that night. Weird. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good job Blanchard!! You are probably one of the only ones going to make it all the way through, and I must say your results thus far have been outstanding!

I totally gave up on my last week. Overall lost 10 lbs. so I am happy with that. Insanity definitely gave me the push to workout everyday and get back into the groove of a regular workout routine. Last week I started alternating between insanity workouts here and there and jogging, crunches, weights, sit ups and other workouts. Since insanity I have lost even more weight and will continue to work out at least 5 times a week using insanity and a variety of different workouts.

It's interesting going back to month 1 workouts. I am so much stronger then when I first started, but the workouts are just as hard. My endurance when running is phenomenally better too.

So to anyone looking to do insanity, I do recommend it. It is a very tough workout, but sometimes you need something that will kick your ass and not just go through the motions. 

Good luck you guys!!!

I finished last night! I can't fucking believe I did that.  I missed I think three workouts, but so be it. This is one of my proudest accomplishments. I had some awesome improvements in the fitness test.  The last few exercises saw the biggest jumps because I wasn't half dead by the time I got to the end of the workout.  Here are my results:

Weight:  227.8 > 198.3 (29.5 pounds)

Switch Kicks: 82 > 152 (Up 70)

Power Jacks: 42 > 69 (Up 27)

Power Knees: 60 > 106 (Up 46)

Power Jumps: 28 > 77 (Up 49)

Globe Jumps: 6 > 15 (Up 9)

Suicides: 10 > 21 (Up 11)

Pushup Jacks: 17 > 41 (Up 24)

Planks: 28 > 80 (Up 52)

• 3 weeks later...