The forums need to be remade.

As a user of many different forums, I can say one thing: I applaud the users of VC - you're one of the most intelligent members of all of the forums I visit.

If there's one thing I have against this forum it's the horrible software being used: ProBoards is freeware garbage. I highly recommend a redesign with more respectable software like vBulletin or PHPbb.

As it stands, karma is a stupid popularity contest, people can be easily impersonated, and I believe you can't have "private" forums, which I think is required for Cooperative Label.

the best part of the Doom Forever, Forever Doomed forums is that there are tab selections to view all of the most recent posts, as well as a tab to view all of the threads you have posted in, thus minimizing the need to look through all of the different forums and threads to look for new threads

The best designed forum to me is:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/

They go down a lot though, and a lot of features dont work sometimes. Plus its a paid service, you'd want it to be better.

I've had an account there for years, I dont use it much anymore though, its a bit overwhelming sometimes.

But yeah, it beats a lot of stuff out there.