Weed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see i only ever get tired, cranky and hungry...i dont ever get the good effects you all talk about...and ive had some top notch shit too...

this is why i just drink beer...lol

that's odd.

i'm really considering stopping drinking and smoking weed instead.

My eyes never got red, I'm immune or something. No one could ever tell I was high, which may have been part of the reason that out of all my friends, I was the only one that made it without getting caught. I had about 14 different friends caught by the police and many others caught by parents.

The last few times I smoked my eyes did not turn red or get all squinty. When I first started they would and I almost got caught a few times by my parents.

Pros: Music really does sound better. If you have a killer set up you'll never feel like you wasted that money.

Makes games like Pretty Pretty Princess a blast to play (though so does the drinking game version me made up)

Conversation is generally more fun, because people are less likely to start fights.

Cons:

Too much money for the time.

Not legal.

...Thats pretty much it. It's like booze. Be a fucking grown up and the side effects wont be a problem.

hmm.. in all honesty i didn't think this thread would last as long as it did.

-weed doesn't make everyone tired, just people who are more prone to being lazy. i love going on hikes or climbing while i'm lit.

-booze+weed equals nirvana, it's just overdoing it on the booze part that'll make you sorry.

-and it's just like any other excess, if you have an addictive personality type, odds are that you might overdue it.

Does anyone have a schedule or, let's say a 3day waiting period? in other words, how do you guys pace yourself?

Its a great thing when you can handle it and break the stoner stereotype. Theres so many dumb kids who give it a bad rep cause theyre just idiots - wake n bake and blaze before anything and everything.... thats just the wrong way to do it. I know too many people who like to smoke as much as possible all the time and that is the person who gets nothing done. I prefer a bowl pack after work and before some music, but just like alcohol, i keep myself relatively sober most of the time.

I forgot with the pros before that it helps stimulate appetite, which is a really big factor for cancer patients who are taking all sorts of narcotics and suffering from nausea all the time. Also it helps put some meat on people 'recovering' from eating disorders..

Pros: Music really does sound better. If you have a killer set up you'll never feel like you wasted that money.

Makes games like Pretty Pretty Princess a blast to play (though so does the drinking game version me made up)

Conversation is generally more fun, because people are less likely to start fights.

Cons:

Too much money for the time.

Not legal.

...Thats pretty much it. It's like booze. Be a fucking grown up and the side effects wont be a problem.

I played Pretty Pretty Princess once in my life, and it was 2 or 3 years ago, and I slayed. I won that game so hard.

Its a great thing when you can handle it and break the stoner stereotype. Theres so many dumb kids who give it a bad rep cause theyre just idiots - wake n bake and blaze before anything and everything.... thats just the wrong way to do it. I know too many people who like to smoke as much as possible all the time and that is the person who gets nothing done. I prefer a bowl pack after work and before some music, but just like alcohol, i keep myself relatively sober most of the time.

I forgot with the pros before that it helps stimulate appetite, which is a really big factor for cancer patients who are taking all sorts of narcotics and suffering from nausea all the time. Also it helps put some meat on people 'recovering' from eating disorders..

I blaze before everything, and I get lots done. I did 4 on-roads for driving school high, took my AP US history test (got a 5/5), and i blaze before school at least 3/4 times a week, and have since end of sophomore year. I'm a 3.8, 11th in a class of almost 300. 4 of the top 10 kids in my class smoke weed on a daily basis.

i work 50 hours weeks while getting baked. me a a guy called Kez have 2 doobie breaks during the day at work meaning that dealing with customers can be a joy

i usually have time for a smoke before i set off to work meaning that: Bus ride + ipod = pleasure

i've been smoking 24/7 for about 6 years now and i wouldn't call me lazy in any way. or a paranoid schizophrenic

I rarely ever get stoned, and when i do it's from consuming some baked goods containing the thc. Here's what i've observed from all my roommates, all my co-workers, and most of my friends (before all of them got married or had to stop because of probation, or are now recovering alcoholics and drug abusers)

Pros:

- helps to relieve nausea or pain in cancer patients and arthritis pain (it helps my aunt)

- all natural and all parts of the plant can be used for different purposes.

- it enhances your musical experience

- it kills people's anxiety.

- makes conversations and movies so much more interesting

- it isn't more harmful than alcohol and tobacco if done in moderation

- courts would be freed up so they can concentrate on more serious crimes

- it creates pacifism (ever see two guys high on weed wanna fight) the shit brings people together.

- it enhances creativity (my old roommate couldnt paint or draw without being stoned)

- its healthier for you than tobacco and alcohol.

- crime would go down a bit

Cons:

- excess amounts of pot can make you fucking stupid (this does not happen to everyone..just some)

- its a gateway drug ( i don't necessarily believe this 100%)

- depending on the person it does make you lazy

Seriously if more people smoked weed in moderation, this world would be a whole lot better. Imagine countries leaders sparking one up before debating and having talks. People would be getting along a whole lot better. Come to think of it, i don't think ive ever seen 2 people high on pot argue. That shit brings the world together yo!!

And just to let you know, i didn't smoke marijuana till i was 28 and only did it once, and have only eaten baked goods with laced with thc about a handful of times. So i'm not really bias.

Guest baseball
Baseball, Calling mr baseball!

Haha, I guess I'm resident pothead around here or something.

Okay, from a personal standpoint, here it goes..

PROS:

+adds more depth to music

-It feels like every instrument has its own separate ear assigned to it.

+stimulates creativity/helps open your mind to out-of-the-box thinking

-I love to read, watch documentaries, study course/training material when I'm high. Using weed does not make you stupid, or slow down your mental capabilities, abusing weed does.

+sex

-Plain and simple, sex when you're high is 1000x better than sex when you're not.

+pain alleviation

-I get crippling (vomiting, loss of vision, extremely painful) migraine headaches. Weed does a great deal to alleviate those symptoms.

+sleep aid

-Nothing helps you ease into a deep sleep better :).

+non-addictive

-I've used a responsible amount of marijuana daily for years, with the exception of a 3 month break near the end of college and beginning of my career. No, it was not difficult to quit cold turkey. Yes, people did wonder why I was a little grumpy for 3 months.

+stress relief

-Contributing to the above migraines, I have always had very bad anxiety problems as long as I can remember. Weed helps me live a productive and low stress life.

CONS:

+It's illegal.

+Getting top notch weed.

+Stoner stereotypes.

-I'm a college graduate, had good grades, 3 internships, and am a Business Analyst working in Enterprise Computer Security. I have used marijuana on a daily basis since I started college. I say this not to brag, but to try and help dispel these stereotypes that weed "sucks the life out of you," as some people in this thread have commented.

Weed does not impair your ability to accomplish anything. You are in control of your own decisions and own responsibilities. I wish people would start taking some personal responsibility and stop using drugs as a scapegoat for their own personal bad decisions. If using weed hinders your productivity as an individual then maybe you should *gasp* not use the stuff.

Edit: I should have also mentioned that I don't smoke weed very often at all. I pretty much strictly use a vaporizer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer

Baseball, Calling mr baseball!

Haha, I guess I'm resident pothead around here or something.

Okay, from a personal standpoint, here it goes..

PROS:

+adds more depth to music

-It feels like every instrument has its own separate ear assigned to it.

+stimulates creativity/helps open your mind to out-of-the-box thinking

-I love to read, watch documentaries, study course/training material when I'm high. Using weed does not make you stupid, or slow down your mental capabilities, abusing weed does.

+sex

-Plain and simple, sex when you're high is 1000x better than sex when you're not.

+pain alleviation

-I get crippling (vomiting, loss of vision, extremely painful) migraine headaches. Weed does a great deal to alleviate those symptoms.

+sleep aid

-Nothing helps you ease into a deep sleep better :).

+non-addictive

-I've used a responsible amount of marijuana daily for years, with the exception of a 3 month break near the end of college and beginning of my career. No, it was not difficult to quit cold turkey. Yes, people did wonder why I was a little grumpy for 3 months.

+stress relief

-Contributing to the above migraines, I have always had very bad anxiety problems as long as I can remember. Weed helps me live a productive and low stress life.

CONS:

+It's illegal.

+Getting top notch weed.

+Stoner stereotypes.

-I'm a college graduate, had good grades, 3 internships, and am a Business Analyst working in Enterprise Computer Security. I have used marijuana on a daily basis since I started college. I say this not to brag, but to try and help dispel these stereotypes that weed "sucks the life out of you," as some people in this thread have commented.

Weed does not impair your ability to accomplish anything. You are in control of your own decisions and own responsibilities. I wish people would start taking some personal responsibility and stop using drugs as a scapegoat for their own personal bad decisions. If using weed hinders your productivity as an individual then maybe you should *gasp* not use the stuff.

if i ever need to convince anyone why weed is good, i will use this post.

Guest baseball

For inquiring minds:

History of Marijuana. Marijuana was not criminalized for health, safety, or any legitimate reasons. A lot of good information here.

http://marijuana.drugwarrant.com/

Marijuana as medicine. Great information here.

- Lester Grinspoon, M.D., Associate Professor of Psychiatry (Emeritus) at Harvard Medical School and

- James Bakalar, J.D., Lecturer in Law in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.

Grinspoon has been studying marijuana for something like 40 years.

http://rxmarijuana.com/index2.htm

Some good information on marijuana myths versus facts.

http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/

Marijuana Uses. Another Lester Grinspoon site. Some really good essays on here, highly recommended.

http://www.marijuana-uses.com/read.html

Guest baseball

Haha, thanks Nick.

I kept an eye out for you at the Minus The Bear show but that place was packed. What'd you think?

They were really awesome, in my opinion, that was my first time seeing them. They are up there with Rx Bandits, The Slackers, and A Wilhelm Scream on my short list of fucking awesome bands to see whilst stoned.

Dead on, baseball. Its a seriously beneficial drug.

Its surprising how many peoples only exposure to weed is total crap that slugs everybody up....it seems to me that many people dont realize there are types of weed and methods of consumption that are energizing and serious stimulates.

Not too many serious smokers Ive met down here in texas yet... most everybody drinks too much to smoke around here and its bummin me out. Baltimore is the shit and especially while high at a show. Finally found some sour diesel and a decent noise scene down here, been having a pretty good week.