HOURVARI s/t LP (members of Birds In Row, As We Draw, Calvaiire...)

The debut EP from HOURVARI (with 100% of Birds In Row, 66% of As We Draw, 40% of The Brutal Deceiver, 25% of Puzzle and 75% of Calvaiire) will finally see the light on vinyl via a bunch of great french record labels.
We are handling the distribution for Skulltrophy Records' copies, which means that you can pre-order the record through our e-store here : http://tinyurl.com/ocutqye

All pre-orders will ship within four weeks.

"Hourvari is a band from Laval, France that features member of As We Draw, Puzzle and Birds In Row. The style of these two songs, the only ever released, is consistently different from the other bands mentioned, two long, monolithic songs, enclosing influences from hardcore, sludge, post-rock, shaping dark and intense atmospheres." (We Last Longer)

2703583338-1.jpg

Holy shit.

Derek introduced me to their bandcamp site IIRC. Great stuff!

$21.00 econo shipped for 2 tracks on wax. hmmm.  I put that $21 on another gamble, and enjoying Hourvari mp3s for now.  Just laid some major coin and some more coming up soon.

I may end up getting this later. Great that they pressed it!

One of the greatest releases of last year, these 2 songs beat many full lengths for sure. Will order soon!

Precisely how I feel. I can't put my thumb on the exact reasons, but this band and EP do it for me. This was a personal love at first listen, and I've only enjoyed it more and more since its release in 2011. I e-mailed the band a while back to inquire about a potential press, and they insisted that it wouldn't happen. Stoked that things have changed.

The release is out of 500, for what it's worth. And this is an instance where black vinyl couldn't really be a better fit, in my opinion. $21 PPD for an international order is ace in my books. Comes out to about a dollar per minute of music. I and many others have paid for far worse ratios. People need to grab this.

Sidebar: I enjoy this EP [as a whole] more than anything that any of the individual bands have done [as a whole]. It barely edges out You, Me & The Violence for me... which is no easy feat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...